How many season tickets do we sell each year

Perhaps they should either offer a discount if you use your season ticket for, say, 17 games or more or surcharge people who don't attend a significant number of games.

I don't think fining a customer is the right thing to do and the bad publicity and ridicule would be off the scale
However, a discount for the following season's S/C is a great idea and rewards loyalty

44,000 is the no of season tickets we have. I don' know what the crowd was. Looked like 52000 or thereabouts. 250 emoty setas at top of CB3, and 250 in Stoke end. Stoke's returns (1,000) were sold to City. it would have been sold out had Stoke brought their usual crowd, but as said above this was re-arranged last minute and on TV. Thought it was a very good crowd.

I am one of those with a season ticket who pick and choose what games I attend. It's a three hour drive to the Etihad and time away from my business; add to that my son now lives even further and is often abroad. For certain games we will ensure we have no other obligations and a lot of other fixtures I/we can make anyway. I used to often pay top dollar to friends/touts for big game tickets, so the cost for 14/15 games a season seems ok to me.
My first season ticket was in the Platt Lane in '75, so I've done the time. I used to sell on Viagogo, but now it's a couple of quid off next year's ticket I don't bother (might not sell anyway) - especially as the match day 'experience' is making me consider not renewing (but that's another thread)
I'm sure a lot of the empty seats are due to similar reasons. I think it's something we've got to accept and not get wound up by the school playground 'Emptyhad' jibes.

Yes i agree with you seems barmy to buy season tickets and not bother turning up

I think it's different nowadays as more and more people live and work away from the area they were born and raised in, my parents generation have all pretty much have remained living in Manchester but the majority of the lads I used to go to matches with all live scattered all over the country as they have had to go to where the work is. A season ticket is worth it for them even if it means missing the odd hastily rescheduled weekday match, after all how many midweek Premier League games do we play? Not many unless it's around the Christmas holiday time.

The club needs to be a bit more cute when distributing these excess tickets. The crowd in that top away end would have filled the empty rows in the east and family stand and it would also be better for atmosphere. I wonder how many tickets went unsold from the planner? People turning up at the ticket office in the days leading up to the match are obviously being sold tickets up there, i suppose it's better to get the cash immediately then knock it off next year's ST , which is wrong imo. $
Suppose the problem with that is a lot of those seats will be for season ticket holders who didn't go and haven't contacted the club to release them

I am one of those with a season ticket who pick and choose what games I attend. It's a three hour drive to the Etihad and time away from my business; add to that my son now lives even further and is often abroad. For certain games we will ensure we have no other obligations and a lot of other fixtures I/we can make anyway. I used to often pay top dollar to friends/touts for big game tickets, so the cost for 14/15 games a season seems ok to me.
My first season ticket was in the Platt Lane in '75, so I've done the time. I used to sell on Viagogo, but now it's a couple of quid off next year's ticket I don't bother (might not sell anyway) - especially as the match day 'experience' is making me consider not renewing (but that's another thread)
I'm sure a lot of the empty seats are due to similar reasons. I think it's something we've got to accept and not get wound up by the school playground 'Emptyhad' jibes.

I think youve got the wrong end of the stick about the City ticket exchange. You get about £46 per match (where I sit)off next seasons ticket. You'd be daft to leave it empty on that basis.

I arranged a holiday in Holland long before the game switched.I would imagine there would be quite a lot who made other plans as well in which they could not cancel.
Far easier years ago to use your season ticket years ago when most games kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday.
Now you are looking to plan months ahead because of tv.Short notice changes can be a nightmare getting trains and hotels.
Last week's feck up of changing the date doesn't help as well.

Crowd wise, last night had the feel of a league cup game I know the reasons behind it but it actually felt like the wind ups were justified last night. While I'm sure some couldn't make it, I'm equally sure some just couldn't be arsed.

The club should look at some sort of reason to fill your seat, ie lost loyalty points, game ban if it's either not used or put on the ticket exchange.

Tens of thousands of residential spaces are being built in and around the City Centre over the next decade.

Some Chinese and other Asian students. Others for workers. Mostly younger and without families. As we develop under Pep, the draw will become greater.

Don't worry about attendances as we increase to 60k-odd and maybe more in time. The people will come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.