How many times do you think we will lose in the league this season?

For me the Spurs away game was the toughest we'll face all season in the league. With the state of the pitch and Pochettino picking the most physical team he could possibly field to pressure us, we showed real grit to win that one. That said I think we'll lose one to the top sides and another surprise, possibly Newcastle away as Benitez is one of the few managers to set his side up to really limit our chances. So 2 same as last season.

Last edited:
Once or twice. Circumstances will probably conspire against us at some point - injuries, fixture congestion etc. If we reach FA Cup QF rags away in league gets moved which is a horrible game to have to squeeze in around (hopefully) fa cup semi and CL quarters / semis. If we do have a cushion in the league then key players may be rested in league games to prioritise Europe.

As much as anything the way we attack no matter what may cost us. The Arsenal invincibles were happy to shut up shop to preserve their record, we’re not scared of losing. Look at Wigan last year, down to ten men at half time most sides would keep it cagey, try to bring them back to ours for a replay, we just kept going at them.

3 or 4 - I can see us concentrating on the Champions league towards the end and resting key players if we have the title in the bag.

United away not easy, nor is Everton and Chelsea away. Will be one Random away loss at somewhere like Brighton I would imagine.

Personally I don't see more than 1 or 2 with Anfield already out of the way without a defeat.
Probably a few more draws than last season though.
We're better this year than last. And, Pep has figured out (as he always does for every opponent we face) a good game plan v. Liverpool (our sole nemesis last year).

We'll lose 2 or less all year in the P/L I think - and we might, with some luck, go undefeated.

As long as we win the league I will take a few defeats along the way, we are capable of going undefeated, no doubt about that but you need a barrel of luck to go with greatness to achieve it... No doubt whatsoever we will win the league this season for me, I think we are better than last season in terms of quality, it’s fuckin marvellous :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.