How many Years ?!!

1956 for me. City v Everton in the FA cup. Joe Hayes scored and City went on to win the cup that year. My dad went to wembley but couldn't afford 2 tickets so instead he blagged a 12" TV from Granada on approval. Half the street came to watch the final. My dad claimed he was picked out in the crowd by TV cameras but I never saw it.
I remember even now climbing the stairs at the back on the the stands and my first view of the pitch -I'd never seen so much grass in all my life (all 9 years of it)
I left Manchester in the late 60's but often used to drive the 300 mile round-trip to Main Road and give a quid to some local lad to "Mind your car mister".
A bit to old for the journey these day but often go to my local to watch Sky and on Derby days get tons of abuse from the Old Twatford mob. The landlord now sets up a small room just for me (yes, it's just me supporting City)

First ever post on here this thread motivated me to reply.
I have supported City since 1969 so I was an original glory hunter.My best friend in the 1st year at Grammar School was with myself the only City fan in the whole year and when City lost to Bolton who were in the third division in a cup game we had to stand on a chair in the class whilst everyone pointed and laughed at us the teacher was a Bolton fan. That incident resolved me more than ever and in an area full of Liverpool and Utd fans I have been proud to fly the Blue flag all my life and reaping the rewards 10 fold over at present.
CTID

My mum and uncle schooled with Tommy Hutchison so once I knew this it was Blues. Going back to late 70s for my brother and I.

Two boys and a granddaughter now also Blues! :-)

Can’t remember the last time I was asked but for what it’s worth 15th April 1964, one week before my 8th birthday - Bert Trautmann’s testimonial. My first live football match and I was hooked.

Original glory hunter from the 60s, when we were great! Oh, and Dad played here as a youngster (friend of Ken Barnes), Mum’s parents lived on Horton Rd (anyone who knows where that is is a true blue!), used to spend part of my summer school hols at their house watching City train, raised in the Platt Lane End as a little kid, then North Stand, then original North Stand Season Ticket holder when they put seats in, then Kippax with girlfriends Dad and his mates, now East Stand Level Two when I can get over (brother’s foster kid gets the seat when I can’t...and he used to be a Red!!!).

Have flown more miles than I care to count to see City over the years and been called all kinds of “Crazy Idiot” type names for coming and going with the same crew because I only flew in for the day! The Real Madrid CL Semi is the longest flight so far (Chicago-New York-Madrid-New York-Chicago in about 48 hours).

Fun story: Talked to the FO on the NY-MAD flight and he was interested there was a game. Strolled up to the stadium, said he was a Yank on a layover and asked if they had any tickets. Got a mid level, half way line-ish ticket for less than my “in the heavens behind the curtains” seat!!! We had a nice chat about the game in his rest break on the flight home!

Wish it was easier to post pics on here, rather than having to put them on a 3rd party site, as I’d post far more of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.