How many Years ?!!

I've definately been asked this on a number of occasions. Some supporters of other clubs have no idea how well City have been supported for donkeys years.

I'm 55. After a long frustrating wait during the early seventies, my Dad (who was mainly a rugby league fan) first took me to a game in the 1975/76 season...Maine Road against Derby County, we won 4-3. I was completely hooked on the whole experience. I'll never forget that first time walking through the tunnel onto the Kippax.

I've definately been asked this on a number of occasions. Some supporters of other clubs have no idea how well City have been supported for donkeys years.

I'm 55. After a long frustrating wait during the early seventies, my Dad (who was mainly a rugby league fan) first took me to a game in the 1975/76 season...Maine Road against Derby County, we won 4-3. I was completely hooked on the whole experience. I'll never forget that first time walking through the tunnel onto the Kippax.

Similar story for me, my Mum and Dad preferred rugby when I was a kid but for my tenth birthday my dad took me to my first City game against Villa in 1976. We sat in the Platt Lane stand but I remember thinking that I couldn't wait until I was old enough to go on the Kippax.

Slightly off topic but on the subject of leaving early my dad took me to another game that season and we were losing 2-1 with a few minutes to go and he said we would go early to beat the rush. We scored twice in the last minutes to win and I vowed never to leave a game early again.

Looking at the matches that season I think it was the Wolves game but do any other FOC on here remember the game as I can find the goal scorers for City that day but not the time of the goals?

I am 42 nearly 43. Been to 95 percent of home games since 1983. First game was the Luton relegation game and I was 7 I think. May have been before but that is the first one I can really remember.

Been to 90 plus grounds as well.

Proper hardcore! Love it.

I began following us a tad late,i was about 14 and had been brought up in a Rag family/stronghold.....so it was quite a bold move on my part.I'm 46 now,so i have witnessed,and in the main,loved,the incredible rollercoaster this club has provided.My only regret is not attending many games due to very unsocial occupation choices.

I got asked that last week by a Yank L'pool fan in spite of looking an old-bugger and having a Lancashire accent. I told him I jumped on the bandwagon when City got to the Cup Final, the guy said "Wigan?" I said no, Newcastle. (He didn't get it.)

I am going to steal this. Great reply. But you do realise that football wasn't invented until 1991.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.