How many Years ?!!

1969 my first game, my first season ticket in the kippax was £12:50 happy days, I miss that place so much...
Dont get me wrong I’ve moved on but that place can’t ever be forgotten as far as I’m concerned...

The day before the Chelsea match in December will be fifty years since my first game. My son has now managed 28 years. Grandson (6 months old) registered as a Citizen but still waiting for everything to arrive!

Loads of oldies on here, first game was 1974.
God i miss Maine Rd, the Etihad is just not the same but then the modern football 'experience' is just so sanitised.

1972-73 Season vs Palace at home. Sure we lost 3-2 with Lee scoring two pens. Now i have just been banned for the rest of the season by my beloved City so it may be over and out.

I'm 44. Roy Clarke made me a member of City Social club when just three hours old, he always looked after my dad but that's a story that might never get told.

First game aged three but how the hell would I know who it was, first proper memory was the six goals past Norwich in the FA Cup, so around 1980.

So roughly 38 years and even my wife is coming up for 25 years now, as she had no choice coming from a hole like Bolton.

When asked if I was there in the mid 90s, I usually reply:

"Yes, and I was also there in the mid 70s when City had a decent team, and United, Spurs, and Chelsea all got relegated"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.