How much did Mancini get wrong?

Playing 4-2-4 lost us the game. To start with we looked great but then the work ethic required to pull it off vanished after half an hour. (we were also very unlucky to not be awarded 2 stone-wall penalties, though we never were going to be given them away at Bayern were we?)

Should have gone with 3 in midfield:

-----Milner-----------Barry-----
-------------Yaya-------------

Silva---------------Aguero------
------------Dzeko--------------

With Clichy bombing on and using Barry as cover.

Tactics in both European games have been wrong. The full-back choices against Napoli and now the formation/players against Bayern.

Also thought Yaya Toure was embarrasing tonight, absolutely pathetic off the ball.

Mistake starting Kolo too. If he wasn't sure on Lescott then why not go for Savic?

I would rather have gone 2-0 down using the team I stated then bringing on Nasri or whoever and going for it, but starting attacking and going 2-0 then making changes to go more defensive just didn't make sense and I think thats why Dzeko was pissed off. (as well as the fact Nasri should've gone off ahead of him).

MCFCinUSA said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Just the Kolo for Lescott one - ok he didn't do a lot wrong but somehow his ability to make the simple look more complicated than it is seems to unsettle those around him. The problem is - if he goes Yaya goes.

I thought Lescott wasn't 100%, hence the change.

RM said before the everton game Kolo would play in 1 of the next 2 games. It was a mistake to play him he is not match fit. Also it forced Vinnie to play left side and with him struggling to play as last year these changes were wrong for such a game.

Wellsblue21 said:
mancini didnt screw up ffs, until their first goal we were more than a match, 2 stupid goals later and were check mate when our striker refuses to play

This is the major area of concern I have. Opposition teams get two sniffs of a goal and we're two nil down. We have 15 or 20 shots on goal and we're two nil up.

the goats backside said:
MCFCinUSA said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Just the Kolo for Lescott one - ok he didn't do a lot wrong but somehow his ability to make the simple look more complicated than it is seems to unsettle those around him. The problem is - if he goes Yaya goes.

I thought Lescott wasn't 100%, hence the change.

RM said before the everton game Kolo would play in 1 of the next 2 games. It was a mistake to play him he is not match fit. Also it forced Vinnie to play left side and with him struggling to play as last year these changes were wrong for such a game.

I agree! Last year Kompany said Lescott was the most intelligent player he has ever played with. They was the key towards the end of last season to why we are in the CL. Im not calling bobby manc as he has been class for us, but his subsitutions baffle me constantly. Yesterday no1 seemed to try and lift the team. Just dejected heads everywhere. Even Mancini looked like it was a lost cause

From spurs at home last season we had won 9 and drawn 1 in competitive matches. In 7 of those matches we kept clean sheets. We have conceded 5 goals. Lescott played in all those games. Last season we were better with lescott than Toure.

He started Toure a man who has played one game in six months against birmingham reserves!

That was a fucking stupid decision.

To add to that playing Dzeko,aguero,nasri and silva away from home at bayern was niaive.

So far we have looked out of our depth in Europe.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
From spurs at home last season we had won 9 and drawn 1 in competitive matches. In 7 of those matches we kept clean sheets. We have conceded 5 goals. Lescott played in all those games. Last season we were better with lescott than Toure.

He started Toure a man who has played one game in six months against birmingham reserves!

That was a fucking stupid decision.

To add to that playing Dzeko,aguero,nasri and silva away from home at bayern was niaive.

So far we have looked out of our depth in Europe.

I really do feel sorry for Mancin.. Hes dammned if he does, hes dammned if he doesnt!!

One would think that our heavily expesinve assembled team would be cabale of matchin bayern man for man home or away!!

His starting 10 was justified! Toure is an iffy situation.. that I will give you..

However there is no way I WILL NOT DEFEND MANCINI OVER THE ATTACKING LINE UP!!!

You lot would be the same to state HE IS A NEGATIVE DEFENSIVE CLULESS TWAT HAD HE GONE 451!!

In my opinion:

1) Kolo for Lescott (that one really doesnt need explanation, how do you play with your back for prior to such a big game in champions league. Big no-no).

2) NDJ for Dzeko - the logic was correct, but Aguero should have been taken off as he was invisible and had a yellow so he had to be extra carefull.

Milner for Nasri was right on the money, and should have been done earlier, really.

Maybe it is only me, but Nasri last night lost the ball on like 90% of his possessions. He was dreadfull.

I'll never fault him for attacking. We wanted 3 points and there was no reason that we needed to play for a scoreless draw. We weren't getting anything on the counter tonight.

Kolo was the major mistake for me. And in the future, Yaya cannot play two full matches every week. His stamina just won't tolerate it, he doesn't have 180 minutes in him, not even 70 for most matches. Really unfortunate we couldn't have got De Rossi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.