How Much Do You Watch Football In The Great British Pubs?

It's either live or the radio for me.

Telly football just bores me, even if it is City.

I find radio commentaries more exciting, and I watch the highlights later if they are on.

Pubs are for drinking, not watching telly.

Pretty much never. I'm at 90% of the games but for the few games a season i'm not at i prefer to watch it at home online. I like to be able to actually watch the game which makes no sense really seeing as at the away games i'm usually rather intoxicated and have a crap view.

For some strange reason I get more nervous watching City on the TV than at the game itself
As for the pub, I can watch any game that doesn't involve City (too tense), United (too much animosity), or England (too many dicks)

For some strange reason I get more nervous watching City on the TV than at the game itself
As for the pub, I can watch any game that doesn't involve City (too tense), United (too much animosity), or England (too many dicks)
Mostly the same for me, the commentators annoy me and I can't concentrate because I get so nervous. When at the game I'm hardly nervous, apart from the two weeks in and around the famous Newcastle and QPR games when I literally felt sick for the entire period!I can bare to watch the Rags as most times I do, they usually get beat or something!

In regards to the pub; if it's a half decent one I love it. We have a great one up in Lytham St Annes (Ansdell specifically) at my Grandads house, the Fairhaven; it has loads of local real Ales and shows a lot of football. I love going down there to watch a game over a few beers!

I'm the most nervous listening on the radio. It's the fact that you can't reassure yourself about anything, because you can't see it. It's only ever aways that I listen to, because I'm at all the homes, so if it's tense I find myself totally tuned into the noise of the home crowd, probably even more than the commentators, because they react quicker than Cheeseman.

Very rarely and even then it's often watching the early game before a City away match while having a couple of jars. I'm not that keen on watching in a pub tbh, I prefer to be able to concentrate on the match, especially if City are involved.

Around a dozen matches if we do well in Europe. Watch more at home on the net.

Hardly ever watch City in the pub. If I'm not at the game and it isnt on t.v. I'll try and find a internet stream.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.