How Much Has It Cost You Supporting City This Season?

Nowhere near as much as some on here, seeing as I only got over to 4 league games and last saturday. Still enough, mind, when you take air fares and hotel fees into account. I'm trying to ignore what last weekend cost by itself!

Couple of Quid over £3,000 and that's with Concession tickets, travel, free bus travel in England. Getting to the CL Final would have pushed it close to £4K.

I went to the FA Cup Final.

Through a bit of a mix up, I ended up having to buy 3x£115 tickets. Not complaining about that, as it was part my fault. With the addition of 3 coach seats, £35 each, tickets and travel cost me £450 in total.

So by the looks of things, the average spend so far is in the region of £3000.

The ticket/travel side of it isn't too bad, it's the big days out that cop for it.

Might go tee total next season.

I don't put a price on it, like holidays. Both things give me great pleasure and memories and you can't take your cash with you and you have no idea when the reaper will swing his scythe, so enjoy I say. Sure if I can save money or get a bargain I will and yes I think tickets should be cheaper.

Funny though the money question did come up in conversation with someone in the hotel who asked if I was there for the football. He asked how much my ticket was and then said, " Hmm....so with two nights in the hotel it must be £300." I replied I hadn't even thought of it that way but yes it must. I later worked it out and for two nights in the hotel, the ticket and travel it was approximately £322. To see us win the fa cup and treble worth every penny.

RESTRICTED-A8HFK2-PEANUTS-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqjwqlRemTWOSPdiwg_JXULGzUp6_Ijzc9bkLdfDaqgc.jpg

I gave my season ticket up when I realised I was spending £1500 a year on football and I could spend that in a better way (for me and my circumstances - everyone’s different). I don’t know how you all do it, especially those over 2, 3, even 4 grand a year... per person! Hats off to you.

Even at my modest £1,500 per year, I guesstimated that if I have around 40 years left on this planet, that’s £60,000 I would save just by streaming instead. Works for me, though I know it’s not for everyone. Not on good money, and will be a Dad in 12 weeks, so I need to be sensible!

Including the spurs away game I didn’t actually get to go to but paid for a weekend in London just over 4K, but that’s 6 games 4@ home 2 away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.