How Much Has It Cost You Supporting City This Season?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by jrb, 23 May 2019.

1. TCIB

TCIB

About 2 years of life.

4andcounting, Citizen Green and SVP like this.
  2. kippax123

kippax123

Words fail me how much I spend . I'm on all the cup schemes, never missed Wembley, go to as many away games that I can get a ticket for and also do all this for 2 teenagers. It has definitely cost a fortune and like everybody else , I'm praying there ISN'T a rise in the cost of season cards ? Also if they have any sense, when it comes to ticketing prices , reduce the cost of games for non season ticket holders .

3. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

A bloody fortune. Every time we lost I had to go into the shop and cheer myself up. Every time we won I had to go in the shop and buy summat to celebrate! But I don't begrudge a penny. Every penny has never been spent better!

4andcounting likes this.
  4. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

That extra £30 might be the last straw for a few hundred fans not to be able to justify it anymore.

Eight years ago when it was £400 cheaper for their seasoncard, they were fine. But they weren’t fine when it went up £85, £70, £60 and £50 four years in a row and have been over-spending on the seasoncard since.

One more rise is always the one that hundreds of people say “right that’s it, can’t afford it anymore” to.

Some people have been on the brink with the seasoncard prices for a good while. Some have dropped from Platinum to Gold, stopped going to away games and come out of the cup schemes just to be able to afford the seasoncard.

I myself only go to between 1-3 away games a season now just to afford all the extra cup games. I used to go to every away game at one point, then all away games where the tickets were under £50 (made the decision to boycott £50+ away tickets, which everyone should have done!)

If my seasoncard was the same price as it was up to about 2015-16 I’d be able to go to a few more away games.

There are a hell of a lot of people who don’t earn good money but spend everything on City and every year get to be part of it all less and less.

Last edited: 23 May 2019
  5. bluetoby

bluetoby

Technically nothing cos if i hadn't done all them home aways and Europe still wouldn't have the 6 grand in my bank

4andcounting likes this.
  6. GortonBlue62

GortonBlue62

£2700 - includes match tickets and coach travel to and from the Etihad for each game.

Did 56 out of the 61 games - missed first 4 Euro aways and couldn't get a ticket for Newport in the FA cup.

Thought it'd be more, so in a way I'm reassured :-} It's those Euro aways that really rack up the total.

4andcounting likes this.
  7. sir baconface

sir baconface

£12.99 for a Beanie hat.

4andcounting likes this.
  8. droylsdenblue

droylsdenblue

£3000 minimum plus a couple of lost years to the stress

4andcounting likes this.
  9. Steadfast

Steadfast

I'm one of the ones who dropped to gold with my daughter, came out of the cup schemes and moved to the gods in south stand L3 for a year from L3 halfway in CB. Moved to L2 SS now but still haven't gone back to platinum or joined cup schemes. Seen our points fall back vs others on platinum as well.

4andcounting likes this.
  10. northstander62

northstander62

seasoncard, community shield, all carabou cup and all fa cup, all european aways and home matches. trains to london, petrol/diesel to many of the other aways, couple of hotels for euro aways, i reckon it to be over £4500, but after a season like we've just had worth every penny.
    But, even if we were still shite it would still be worth every penny

4andcounting likes this.