How on earth has swp gone and not aj??

SWP has been picked for the right.

Johnson was dropped beacuse of J Cole, Milner and Gerrard who may play there.

Still SWP is a better player despite what Mancini thinks.

bear in blue said:
blutone3 said:
is your name Fabio????

your not the manager ,so take a chill pill,aj will have the future to prove himself!

Im sure thats what they said about Theo ;)

Agreed, in two years, Johnson could be found out by then, his time was now.

I can't imagine a more confident player, with as much self belief exists in the squad, apart from
Cole and Rooney. Good luck to SWP, but he will only get a game as a straight swap for Lennon.
If Milner and J Cole are on the bench, can see them getting 1st nod.

If Gerrard is substituted, its got to be Milner or
Joe Cole.

the kippax wall said:
redmizzle said:
i guess its fair to say we're all disappointed aj has not made it but swp definitely deserves his spot

Ere, ere... Shame about AJ, but he's time will come. Made up about Seany though, even though he's not had his best season for us, he's done well for England and offers miles more than Walcott.

Shaun deserves it? By doing what? Sitting on our bench. He's never done anything for England either.

Sure, it sucks that Johnson got snubbed, but unless we are on the training ground with Capello, we really can't say that he made the wrong decision. While I like to think I know a decent amount about football, Capello is a national team coach and knows more than the lot of us. And as an American, I can safely say that either SWP or Johnson would tear our backs apart =P

Corky said:
SWP has been picked for the right.

Johnson was dropped beacuse of J Cole, Milner and Gerrard who may play there.

Still SWP is a better player despite what Mancini thinks.
I shall be very surprised if we see SWP play on the right hand side for England. When Capello has used him, it's usually in addition to Lennon and he has then played on the left.

Milner is best on the right hand side, but can play both wings

Personally I would have taken AJ but it seems the decision not to is logical.

Regarding wingers Capello would have seen Lennon, SWP and Walcott, 2/3 of them were going to be in the squad, fast players, which lack creativity but are able to scare full backs with the pace and perhaps get in behind the defence and score or assist with a short pass.

Cole, Milner and Johnson, 2/3 were going. Milner was definate due to his season and England performances. Cole had the experience and the has more adaptability about him than Johnson, in the fact he can play behind the lone striker.

Personally I think Capello likes Johnson and if he was able to bring 24 players, it would have been him, not Walcott who got the nod. If I was England manager I would have made roughly the same decisions, apart from maybe Parker instead of Carrick, and brought Johnson as I would only have 7 defenders in the squad by excluding Upson. I think Fabio might have had this in mind when he persuaded Carragher out of retirement, but as he brought a demic in King it was difficult to do that.

A City player (and academy product) is picked for the world cup squad and gets stick from some of his own fans? What a fickle bunch you should be ashamed.

Well done done Shaun make us proud!!<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:51 pm --<br /><br />A City player (and academy product) is picked for the world cup squad and gets stick from some of his own fans? What a fickle bunch you should be ashamed.

Well done done Shaun make us proud!!

Originals said:
the kippax wall said:
Ere, ere... Shame about AJ, but he's time will come. Made up about Seany though, even though he's not had his best season for us, he's done well for England and offers miles more than Walcott.

Shaun deserves it? By doing what? Sitting on our bench. He's never done anything for England either.

Most of the time he's played for England, he's been threatening.

Well done Shaun. Especially pleased because this was his last realistic chance to go to a tournament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.