How on earth has swp gone and not aj??

I really don't care who was an academy player or not. I wanted AJ to go because I thought he'd be an asset to England. Lets face it Capello could, and should have dropped Heskey (if Heskey can play for England so can I). Why pick a striker who has less goals than some international keepers.

I think SWP could make an impact as a sub I just think AJ could do better.

not suprised given AJ was given six minutes. however i think capello has picked 3 right wingers and somehow expects one to fill in at left. however, my biggest gripe is that he picked that overrated piece of crap carrick

Spindash said:
Originals said:
Shaun deserves it? By doing what? Sitting on our bench. He's never done anything for England either.

Most of the time he's played for England, he's been threatening.

Well done Shaun. Especially pleased because this was his last realistic chance to go to a tournament.

And we'll get a bigger transfer fee for an England player....

supercity36 said:
not suprised given AJ was given six minutes. however i think capello has picked 3 right wingers and somehow expects one to fill in at left. however, my biggest gripe is that he picked that overrated piece of crap carrick

i do agree on the carrick point he's f**king useless.Against mexico the other day he might as well have bent over pulled his shorts down because they basically f***cked him all over the pitch.

Early days for AJ both at club and for England. He will have to focus now on next season after his start at the club next season will be a lot harder for him. More teams will be aware of him and will double up on him. Depending on who we sign or IF Robhino comes back next season there will be competition for places so he will have to show that he wants it next season and make sure he is first pick. I just hope if it doesnt work out for him next season and he looses his form that the fans get behind him and not slate him.

I though AJ blew his chance by not going down for the pen. An old pro would have tried to buy a penalty and that could be the difference between success or failure. AJ has a big future with us and with England but this one came too soon for him.

As gutted as i am for aj, im thrilled for shauny i know he will do us proud.I felt sorry for shauny this year because everytime he got anywhere or looked like he got kicked from piller to post with no protection from the refs.At the world cup we know how fussy the refs will be so he should get a fair deal.

bluegoat36 said:
As gutted as i am for aj, im thrilled for shauny i know he will do us proud.I felt sorry for shauny this year because everytime he got anywhere or looked like he got kicked from piller to post with no protection from the refs.At the world we know how fussy the refs will be so he should get a fair deal.

Good point. Plus support from Glen Johnson and Lampard etc so he won't be double manned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.