How our PR dept should act

Well you say they do nothing so they may as well not be sat there. Mancini wasn't asked every week if he was getting the sack at all and he could easily hold his own in press conferences and rarely if ever seemed perturbed. He generally had a good rapport with the press. He was certainly capable of saying move on I've answered that previously without having to have some lickspittle do it on his behalf.
He got asked every week in his last season,it was annoying as hell,why is PR man/women sat there then?

He got asked every week in his last season,it was annoying as hell,why is PR man/women sat there then?

I don't recall that at all and I watched all of Mancini's conferences as I thought he enjoyed them and was entertaining and he handled the press well.

A PR person in a press conference is not there to "protect" the manager against the press. If anything they are there to protect the manager from himself and in turn protect the club.

PR dept are totally unfit for purpose. The amount of negative press we get considering all the great work we do in the community is absurd. These clowns have no idea how to garner good publicity. Is the hopelessly out of her depth vicky kloss still involved ?

Get a proper marketing firm involved and bring that dept up to the same standard as the rest of the club

PR dept are totally unfit for purpose. The amount of negative press we get considering all the great work we do in the community is absurd. These clowns have no idea how to garner good publicity. Is the hopelessly out of her depth vicky kloss still involved ?

Get a proper marketing firm involved and bring that dept up to the same standard as the rest of the club

We are talking about whether a manager needs "protecting" in a press conference.

didn't realise our manager was facing continual questions about the scum job

He isn't but if you remember, he was continually questioned about the referee before a game and was subsequently charged by the FA. At the time, our PR guy was sitting next to him - why didn't he butt in and remind the persistent journalist that Pep couldn't discuss refs before a game!! That was my point

Last edited:
I get the feeling people like us now, not the media or twitter pricks but normal everyday fans of other clubs like us & can see what’s happening. FFP is about as believable as WMD so just maybe the PR dept have got it right.

I can’t imagine the club not wanting the best PR in the world, especially if that is the whole purpose.

Why do they need protecting ? Just say I am here to talk about the football and the next match as Pep has done in the past. Some dickhead asks the same question and he just says "next".

But he fell into the trap - thinking that by supporting the referee would be ok. It wasn't

I don't recall that at all and I watched all of Mancini's conferences as I thought he enjoyed them and was entertaining and he handled the press well.

A PR person in a press conference is not there to "protect" the manager against the press. If anything they are there to protect the manager from himself and in turn protect the club.

Well he is only speaking to the press - so its the same thing i.e. sometimes, a manager, faced with a posse of sneaky raggy press, needs some support. It's easy to be misled. Otherwise, why is the PR person there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.