How our PR dept should act

You make some good points. But if we do have a positive media strategy then it’s not very productive. City articles with a positive slant are few and far between.
Like I said, in an era of clickbaiting and negative press getting more coverage than positive stories, when they own the ink, they own the story.

Don’t be so insecure. YOU know things at City are better than ever, so why do you worry what what Joe Sunreader thinks? Do you think you will EVER get a fair shake from the London reporters or the rag and dipper filled punditry?

Have the strength of your own convictions to know that City are a club doing things the right way on and off the field, and that when you are on the top, people know taking a pot shot at you will always please people...hence the obsession.

Would you prefer it if no one cared what City did because they were irrelevant to English and European football?

If you are waiting for the day when everyone says positive things about the growth of the club, the quality and structure of the club, the community outreach of the club, the redevelopment of one of Europes most economically depressed areas, or even the record breaking achievements of the club on the pitch, then I’d suggest you will be waiting forever.

This is a time to be enjoyed and I, for one, am not going to let people who know significantly less about the 50 years I have supported City hijeck the narrative I see unfolding around the club.

Best manager, best squad, best facilities, best executive structure, best owner...why would I worry about retired players and journos only looking to make a buck off the story du jour fed to them by their paymasters?

These are the good old days. Enjoy.

mods - please move if already covered - but watching the Spurs press conference with their manager, how refreshing to see their PR guy putting the press in their place & PROTECTING the manager from the continual questions about the scum job
I think Pep can handle it pal, he's a big boy. If I was a Spurs fan, I'd have liked to have seen Poch tell them himself, he speaks English doesn't he?

On the other hand, it was kind of good to see that Poch needed someone to come and hold his hand. If he does take on the united job, there'll be a hell of a lot of pressure and expectations from the media and their fans that think the club has some kind of divine right to be at the top of the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.