How our PR dept should act

I hope the people who run the club are watching this thread, the absolute amateurs!!

Sarcasm eh. Lowest form of wit! The people who run the club are not, of course, amateurs but sometimes the PR people appear to be

Sarcasm eh. Lowest form of wit! The people who run the club are not, of course, amateurs but sometimes the PR people appear to be
And who employs the PR people? Given how the club was bought to promote the fatherland of our owner, I’d say that he and his advisors would ensure PR was paramount. I’ve always said that I think our owner doesn’t give s flying fuck about the media and the opinions the weak minded may come to as a result of their reporting. On that basis I’m sure our PR department know what to go for and what to, like I do, laugh at.

And who employs the PR people? Given how the club was bought to promote the fatherland of our owner, I’d say that he and his advisors would ensure PR was paramount. I’ve always said that I think our owner doesn’t give s flying fuck about the media and the opinions the weak minded may come to as a result of their reporting. On that basis I’m sure our PR department know what to go for and what to, like I do, laugh at.

Oh. Ok then

PR dept are totally unfit for purpose. The amount of negative press we get considering all the great work we do in the community is absurd. These clowns have no idea how to garner good publicity. Is the hopelessly out of her depth vicky kloss still involved ?

Get a proper marketing firm involved and bring that dept up to the same standard as the rest of the club

You don’t have a clue how hard Vicky works to garner good publicity for City, the media will report however they want make up stories as they see fit. Do you really think that the CEO and the chairman would allow “the hopelessly out of her depth Vicky Kloss” to continue in her job if your statement was any where near the truth

PR dept are totally unfit for purpose. The amount of negative press we get considering all the great work we do in the community is absurd. These clowns have no idea how to garner good publicity. Is the hopelessly out of her depth vicky kloss still involved ?

Get a proper marketing firm involved and bring that dept up to the same standard as the rest of the club
If you are defending, you’re losing, and the attackers feel emboldened. You simply cannot, in this day and age, answer every negative story. With social media and the number of internet outlets, it is akin to the little boy and the dyke. You will run out of fingers in a hurry (cue the lazy jokes!)

Better to have a POSITIVE media strategy that ignores the dross noise and keeps the output upbeat and positive. Then, when a very big story comes out (latest FFP, for example) simple issue a short, sharp statement and have done with it. Serious people dgaf about negative noise, they care about things that can derail their long term strategic plans and vision. FFP rises to that level, so the CLUB issued a short, definitive statement, that is repeatable, while gearing up behind the scenes for the legal battle that will ultimately be required....whether we see it in the courts or not.

City don’t own the paper or the ink, so they literally just have to get on with it. A good example, possibly taught to him by the club, is Sterling, who has managed to turn the tide on the widespread perception of himself and his attributes, by simply not replying unless absolutely necessary, and then doing it professionally and with courage and courtesy. We should ALL take a lesson from how Mansour/Khaldoon, and the likes of Sterling, and even Pep, conduct themselves in the media.

But he fell into the trap - thinking that by supporting the referee would be ok. It wasn't

That's got nothing to do with what I said but since you brought that up. Do you really think Pep lost a minutes sleep over this "trap"? I think you're overthinking here as he would not have given the slightest shit.

I hear this quite often and yet the only alternative to the clubs approach that is suggested is to issue stadium bans to some of the hacks which imo would be counterproductive.

There has been a substantial amount of positive stories about the club, players and fans broadcast on our own website. We cannot force the press to regurgitate it.

What suggestions do you have ?

Maybe we should go on the attack & mention debt whenever FFP is brought up and wear training tops with positive slogans etc ( I'm serious about the first point)

I don't know what the is answer but as others have said it does feel like the PR & tickets/ticket office are the weakest links within the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.