How our PR dept should act

banning the journalists who continue to ask the snidey , loaded questions would be a start (just like Ferguson used to do)
Something better...…..

Tector-Gorch-On-The-Gatlin-Gun.gif

Ban The Sun, you ban Sky. It's really as simple as that. It's all Murdoch. Now, I know some of you may think 'Good riddance to them both' etc.

Last I checked Liverpool & Everton have banned the Sun and Sky are still there, still covering them, still showing their games and reporting their news.

banning the journalists who continue to ask the snidey , loaded questions would be a start (just like Ferguson used to do)

He had the ability to do that because the media needed him more than he needed them, we're not in that position, yet.

Yeah, I always think it's a bit naive when people say we should just ban certain journalists or publications from the stadium. The amount of shit we get would be tenfold if we went down that road. Ferguson might've got away with it, but I'm pretty certain we wouldn't.

I think our PR dept are on a bit of a hiding to nothing with some fans who have seemingly become experts in the art of public relations! They can't dictate what the press write about us, but from what I can gather are pretty proactive when they truly overstep the mark. The notion that they do nothing is a bit unfair.

Because people don't see what they do, so they assume they're sat on their arses drinking lattes. It is, of course, nonsense. All the press say City are very pro-active when it comes to the media, and very firm with them if they feel they've overstepped the mark. But the idea that City can control what the media write is so preposterous as to be not worth considering. Sure, there's bad press at times. What exactly do they suggest the club do about it? Banning people only invites more, and even more hostile coverage because there's nothing to lose.

Ban The Sun, you ban Sky. It's really as simple as that. It's all Murdoch. Now, I know some of you may think 'Good riddance to them both' etc, and that's fair enough, but City still use papers like The Sun to plan stories, which they then spread out and reach talksport, sky, etc etc. As much as these papers can bring in negative PR, the club also does like having them there to get messages out. They're big, they hit numbers. Look at when the Sun had a piece about the lack of protection for the coach from the police after the Liverpool attack. That came directly from City. A story fed straight from the club... it then reached Talksport and The Sun. It's a double-edged sword sadly. The game's the game.

Pretty certain that Comcast are or will be the majority shareholder in Sky so Murdoch has no influence from that perspective.

Last I checked Liverpool & Everton have banned the Sun and Sky are still there, still covering them, still showing their games and reporting their news.

Yeah fair enough, but that's apparently how City feel.

Because people don't see what they do, so they assume they're sat on their arses drinking lattes. It is, of course, nonsense. All the press say City are very pro-active when it comes to the media, and very firm with them if they feel they've overstepped the mark. But the idea that City can control what the media write is so preposterous as to be not worth considering. Sure, there's bad press at times. What exactly do they suggest the club do about it? Banning people only invites more, and even more hostile coverage because there's nothing to lose.

When this thread was started - it wasn’t about the general role of our PR dept - by all accounts on here, they do a good job. The point being made was that I felt they needed to be more protective in the press conferences. That doesn’t necessarily mean banning anyone - just a matter of who controls the agenda - the press or City

When this thread was started - it wasn’t about the general role of our PR dept - by all accounts on here, they do a good job. The point being made was that I felt they needed to be more protective in the press conferences. That doesn’t necessarily mean banning anyone - just a matter of who controls the agenda - the press or City

Fair point that it wasn't originally about that. But I'm afraid the press control the agenda. Always and without exception.

Great idea, you know a club whose owner who get's shit for being part of a ruling family known for cracking down on some freedoms, then cracks down on the freedom of our press, should work out fìne for us, won't create more negativity at all.
This is absolutely a key point that people don't understand. I'm sure the club are well aware of this trap. They support LGBT rights and get criticised for it as they're owned by a representative of a country where homosexuality is illegal. The manager supports Catalan independence and he gets criticised because his employer is cracking down on those who criticise their own rulers yet he doesn't comment on that. So they need to tread very carefully and I'm sure that the club's PR approach is to ensure they do as much as they can to insulate themselves from Abu Dhabi as far as possible.

However, it does irritate me when Pep gets asked questions on referees and FFP. The PR team should be saying to Pep that he shouldn't be answering these questions as they can either get him into trouble or are not his province. He should be taking football questions only.

This is absolutely a key point that people don't understand. I'm sure the club are well aware of this trap. They support LGBT rights and get criticised for it as they're owned by a representative of a country where homosexuality is illegal. The manager supports Catalan independence and he gets criticised because his employer is cracking down on those who criticise their own rulers yet he doesn't comment on that. So they need to tread very carefully and I'm sure that the club's PR approach is to ensure they do as much as they can to insulate themselves from Abu Dhabi as far as possible.

However, it does irritate me when Pep gets asked questions on referees and FFP. The PR team should be saying to Pep that he shouldn't be answering these questions as they can either get him into trouble or are not his province. He should be taking football questions only.

That - PB - was my point in a nutshell!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.