How our PR dept should act

This is absolutely a key point that people don't understand. I'm sure the club are well aware of this trap. They support LGBT rights and get criticised for it as they're owned by a representative of a country where homosexuality is illegal. The manager supports Catalan independence and he gets criticised because his employer is cracking down on those who criticise their own rulers yet he doesn't comment on that. So they need to tread very carefully and I'm sure that the club's PR approach is to ensure they do as much as they can to insulate themselves from Abu Dhabi as far as possible.

However, it does irritate me when Pep gets asked questions on referees and FFP. The PR team should be saying to Pep that he shouldn't be answering these questions as they can either get him into trouble or are not his province. He should be taking football questions only.
I agree with what you're saying but I would be surprised if Pep wasn't given advice before pressers on what can and can't be said. Also I Pep is a very intelligent bloke who knows how to handle the press and would probably feel embarrassed if he had somebody in there 'protecting' him.

This is absolutely a key point that people don't understand. I'm sure the club are well aware of this trap. They support LGBT rights and get criticised for it as they're owned by a representative of a country where homosexuality is illegal. The manager supports Catalan independence and he gets criticised because his employer is cracking down on those who criticise their own rulers yet he doesn't comment on that. So they need to tread very carefully and I'm sure that the club's PR approach is to ensure they do as much as they can to insulate themselves from Abu Dhabi as far as possible.

However, it does irritate me when Pep gets asked questions on referees and FFP. The PR team should be saying to Pep that he shouldn't be answering these questions as they can either get him into trouble or are not his province. He should be taking football questions only.

I find it very hard to believe they haven't told him this. That would be genuinely inept, and they aren't. He obviously chooses to answer.

Fuck me there`s some right mard arses on this thread.
The term; “tomorrow's fish and chip paper” doesn’t seem to apply to City fans.

All these years the shit flinging that’s gone on in the media has barely raised an eyebrow of a response by anyone at the club.

If the club thought anything was worth commenting on, they would do, but they don’t and I don’t think they like to.

Cooke banging his fist on the desk when he didn’t like questions put forward by the press back in 2010 was a sign of weakness.

Spurs look just as defensive in their stance here. When people act defensively that means they’re worried. I’d say this response from Spurs is because they know there’s a very good chance they already know that Pochettino is leaving. It’s a sign of weakness in my eyes from Spurs and our continual ignoring of the media is a sign of strength.

I just wish our fan base were the same as the club!

I agree with what you're saying but I would be surprised if Pep wasn't given advice before pressers on what can and can't be said. Also I Pep is a very intelligent bloke who knows how to handle the press and would probably feel embarrassed if he had somebody in there 'protecting' him.
2e4a9d87-4cce-4cf0-8920-6c457b14a389_800.jpg

The Stare of Death is the only suitable way to deal with inappropriate questions.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure he will take on any advice but ultimately will say whatever he wants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.