How should we feel about drawing Barca?

aguero93:20 said:
lasereyes said:
worthless win against bayern my arse, look what It's done to us! :D

Correct. If the Bayern game had finished 2 or 3-0, Barca wouldn't be much worried at all by us. That revival with our second unit scared the shits out of them. Exactly what they were unable to do last year.
pace power and accuracy on the counter attack, 3 things the Catalans don't like.
I can really see us getting through this if we can take any kind of a lead from the first leg, pack the midfield in Spain and hit them with kun, navas, nasri and yaya on the counter and theywill not keep a clean sheet, only 2 and a bit months to go!

Yup, and the Torres breakaway goal a couple of years ago will loom large in their memory

Surely you have to be excited about it. It's the biggest game City will play so far in my lifetime at least. All eyes on us, Barca actually worrying about playing us it just shows we are well and truly announced as one of the worlds biggest teams and I'm loving it. If we lose so be it we'll be back next year but if we win just imagine the shockwaves that will send out. Every team we meet after will be shitting themselves.

I'm excited but not because I think we're going to beat them. We probably won't but we're still up against one of the best in the world and it will be a pleasure to welcome them to the Etihad.

Didsbury Dave said:
lasereyes said:
Correct. If the Bayern game had finished 2 or 3-0, Barca wouldn't be much worried at all by us. That revival with our second unit scared the shits out of them. Exactly what they were unable to do last year.
pace power and accuracy on the counter attack, 3 things the Catalans don't like.
I can really see us getting through this if we can take any kind of a lead from the first leg, pack the midfield in Spain and hit them with kun, navas, nasri and yaya on the counter and theywill not keep a clean sheet, only 2 and a bit months to go!

How on earth could you not mention silva in that list? If we happen to beat them you can bet your bottom dollar it's the Spanish genius who will prove their undoing.
he's going to be launching the counters and then providing the killer pass, the other boys do the dribbling

Great! More than we could have dreamed of 5 years ago and shows just how far we have come.

We salvaged our reputation in the second leg against Bayern and can only look forward to this one with relish.

Will be a real mountain to climb but - if we replicate recent home form - what a showcase for Manchester and England's top club!

we won't win the competition and getting this far is better than we've ever done in the comp before, so I am glad we have a glamour tie. Of all the teams we could have drawn they would have all been a tough draw, so we might as well face the best team in Europe over the last 10 years

Excited,
I thought we'd get them and I'm made up we did.
The only team I wanted to avoid was PSG as I'd like them in a one off final. Anybody else is fair game over two legs.

This was the draw I really wanted, since I was a kid I wanted us to play Real Madrid and once we'd done that Barca were the next ones I wanted....happy days, win or lose come on you blues!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.