How should we feel about drawing Barca?

BimboBob said:
We should feel happy. Elated. Over the moon Brian. You know...erm...really really excited.

It's the mother load, a chance to pit our collective wits against probably the best footballing team of the last 20 years. They have the best player ever to play this lovely game in their side and have a sprinkling of magic everywhere you look.

But...

We can beat them. We have world class players, big time players, players who rise above the Cardiffs away and turn Arsenals famed midfield into something resembling park players. We have one of the worlds best centre halves. And full back. And midfielders. And not forgetting forwards.

We can do this. We can really do this. We are Manchester City.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

NO NO NO NO....that was for the cheesey garlic eaters..this one was for the donkey botherers

My loving people,

We have been persuaded by some that are careful of our safety, to take heed how we commit our selves to armed multitudes, for fear of treachery; but I assure you I do not desire to live to distrust my faithful and loving people. Let tyrants fear, I have always so behaved myself that, under God, I have placed my chiefest strength and safeguard in the loyal hearts and good-will of my subjects; and therefore I am come amongst you, as you see, at this time, not for my recreation and disport, but being resolved, in the midst and heat of the battle, to live and die amongst you all; to lay down for my God, and for my kingdom, and my people, my honour and my blood, even in the dust. I know I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too, and think foul scorn that Parma or Spain, or any prince of Europe, should dare to invade the borders of my realm; to which rather than any dishonour shall grow by me, I myself will take up arms, I myself will be your general, judge, and rewarder of every one of your virtues in the field. I know already, for your forwardness you have deserved rewards and crowns; and We do assure you in the word of a prince, they shall be duly paid you. In the mean time, my lieutenant general2 shall be in my stead, than whom never prince commanded a more noble or worthy subject; not doubting but by your obedience to my general, by your concord in the camp, and your valour in the field, we shall shortly have a famous victory over those enemies of my God, of my kingdom, and of my people.

cant believe barca fans worried by little ol city.how far weve come in such a short time,cant wait.

We should just enjoy, that we play against Barca. Personally I think we can beat them. If not, who cares? But if we win, I'm sure we'll see us all at the end of May in Portugal. Love this draw!

avoidconfusion said:
Isn't Messi still out injured too?

He is, but not sure on the long-term prognosis. I assume Kun should be back for us by then, so hopefully we are at/close to full strength.

This is a fantastic opportunity to put ourselves on the map in the biggest possible way. If we go at Barca at Etihad and get an early goal, we have a great chance. They will be very aware of what we have done to the PL's best teams and they know this is a pretty good match-up for us.

Now I've booked my flights and accommodation I'm even happier! Roll on Feb/March :-)

I'm absolutely buzzing. We have a great opportunity to progress over 2 legs, anything can happen. If we lose then we will most probably be back next year to go again, if we beat Barca, we may even win the damn thing, who knows. Our worldwide status has been raised higher whatever happens, bring it on!

This is how it feels to be city....... : )

Lets hope this draw will help our players to improve AWAY from home.

I think the draw will help them to up their game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.