how strong are we?

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Daz_Blue said:
How many of our side would get in Bayern Munich's ?

Silva, Aguero and Komps ?

Tevez, Joe Hart

would Yaya Toure not either?
He wouldn't displace either Martínez or Schweinsteiger.<br /><br />-- Wed May 29, 2013 5:59 pm --<br /><br />
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Daz_Blue said:
How many of our side would get in Bayern Munich's ?

Silva, Aguero and Komps ?

Tevez, Joe Hart
If Kun gets in Tévez wouldn't as they only play 1 up front. And Joe wouldn't displace Neuer.

With the exception of Zabaletta and Milner every player either drifted or went backwards last season. That's why any comparison with Bayern is pointless.

Also, Mancini had a habit of picking the best eleven players rather than the best team. Consequently we played better with Milner rather than Nasri and looked more dangerous from set pieces when Lescot played rather than Nastasic.

For the same reason Tevez might be a favourite, but City create more chances with Dzeko leading the line. Similalry nobody can fault Zabaletta's work rate, but we always look more fluid with Richards bombing down the right flank.

I agree with the op.

Not a dig at Mancini, he was great, but a new manager, the RIGHT manager could do wonders with this squad.

Another point was the lack of a plan B & C, we should've had some all out wingers that could cross the ball. We would have 3 distinct plans of attack that way. The way we always play, the whole throw on a DM and unleash Yaya, and then the throw some wingers and Dzeko on and let loose down the wings and pump balls into the box.

Yaya was unleashed to devastating effect at times, but teams quickly picked up on that option and it was no longer an option, and then there was nothing more to do after that except sub strikers for midfielders :/

Hopefully with a new manager, (Pellegrini), and some new players this team will become indomitable.

City 1 Chelsea 1 April 1971 said:
With the exception of Zabaletta and Milner every player either drifted or went backwards last season. That's why any comparison with Bayern is pointless.

Also, Mancini had a habit of picking the best eleven players rather than the best team. Consequently we played better with Milner rather than Nasri and looked more dangerous from set pieces when Lescot played rather than Nastasic.

For the same reason Tevez might be a favourite, but City create more chances with Dzeko leading the line. Similalry nobody can fault Zabaletta's work rate, but we always look more fluid with Richards bombing down the right flank.

Tevez rarely leads the line, he plays deeper. If the other 3 weren't on the pitch he would last season, but that was quite rare.

I'm neutral in the PL (except for hating the scum) and I have to say that Chelsea's team sheet gives me as big a wow factor as yours. If you're honest I think most of you could quickly name 3 or 4 you'd love to sign.

Having said that, no team has wowed me on the pitch as much as City in the last couple of years, so if the new manager gets em clicking again you're in business.

I just hope the Scum/FA alliance dies down, in which case the PL is definitely between you & Chelsea. As for the CL... I suspect time and experience (and luck) is necessary, rather than trying to pick individual players.

matt_matt said:
One thing I'd say about the CL thing is despite us having a strong squad, we're still very "young" in our CL career. I remember the rags (4-0 Barca) and other English teams getting twatted left, right and centre for the first few years after we were allowed back into Europe in the 90s. It's not as simple as saying "we have the players" as there are many other factors. I've no doubt we'll do well, but I think it'll take another year or two until we begin getting truly comfortable at that level.

I agree. Our first team squad stacks up well against most CL teams and - with a couple of additions this summer - will improve further. With good coaching, smart tactics, motivation and a bit more experience we can take big strides this year and next.

We won't win it within that time span but will lay some serious groundwork.

Well Wisher said:
I'm neutral in the PL (except for hating the scum) and I have to say that Chelsea's team sheet gives me as big a wow factor as yours. If you're honest I think most of you could quickly name 3 or 4 you'd love to sign.

Having said that, no team has wowed me on the pitch as much as City in the last couple of years, so if the new manager gets em clicking again you're in business.

I just hope the Scum/FA alliance dies down, in which case the PL is definitely between you & Chelsea. As for the CL... I suspect time and experience (and luck) is necessary, rather than trying to pick individual players.
Cheers pal! Good to get another perspective from time-to-time. And if you hate United, you'll do for me.

I take it Artlepool is Hartlepool?...Monkey hanger!

Joe hart's itchy scalp said:
Proelia said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Tevez, Joe Hart

Hart would not have a look in with Neur

Clichy is better than alaba, and a case can be made for zaba better than lahm. Would rather have lahm though!

From someone who hopes Zaba stays at City way beyond his playing days, there is absolutely no case to be made (in football terms) for Zaba being better than Lahm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.