How to bulk up?

Markt85 said:
CTID101 said:
Dirty Harry, a while ago you wrote out a gym plan for me and I just wanted to say thanks again for that.

Just a few questions, I have been doing the benchpress and the dumbbell curls with just the free weights..

My gym though has a bicep curl machine and also the proper bench press with the bar and weights.

Would I be best off using these instead of the free weights or does it not matter?

Free weights are much better for muscle growth

And,performed correctly,injury prevention as they will incorporate stabilizing/core muscles,these obviously are the foundations of your physique.

FantasyIreland said:
quiet_riot said:
Anyone watch the Jodie Marsh doco on steroids?
Missed it.was it the usual predictable tripe or did it offer more of a measured insight?

Young bloke claims his bench went up 100% since he started 2mg/week. Also no side effects. at all. Jodie put the kidney/liver/heart damage to him and he refused to believe it, saying he was certain he was doing it safely.

Cheers QR.

Was the programme stating he had suffered confirmed organ damage as a result of AAS or was it merely suggesting the possibility of such exists?

FantasyIreland said:
Cheers QR.

Was the programme stating he had suffered confirmed organ damage as a result of AAS or was it merely suggesting the possibility of such exists?

She visited him first and he was all "yeah I'm well strong and ripped now and my balls are still massive and my hair is still there", then she went away and spoke to doctors etc who introduced these possibilities. Jodie then went back to the guy as she was 'worried' for him.

Seemed odd throughout how they have 'natural' bb competitions, and untested bb competitions - almost like it's encouraged.

quiet_riot said:
Seemed odd throughout how they have 'natural' bb competitions, and untested bb competitions - almost like it's encouraged.

Not encouraged as such but the choice to go beyond 'natural' limits is purely a personal decision and option.
Although the federations do not test neither do they advertise the fact AAS are used and neither would they confirm their use is acceptable......

Never could a natural athlete achieve the same 'standard' of physique as one who chooses chemical enhancement,make no mistake though,each athlete puts in an equal amount of effort and hardwork,its just one can achieve a level far beyond what nature will allow.

The risk of damage to health is a real one,however,with a sensible approach those risks can be very much minimalised.Like everything in life,the vast majority of problems are caused through abuse and excess.

From my point of view I have always trained drug free as I've only ever wanted to push myself as far as my natural abilities will allow and not try to 'cheat' my body,i personally feel a greater sense of achievement doing it that way,plus,ultimately,my health and wellbeing,and not image,is of paramount importance to me.

Hi fellas,
Just thought I would update this, I have been training properly now for two weeks, 3 days a week minimum doing the 5 x 5.

Have been keeping a log of my progress but only these past two weeks as the first few weeks I just wanted to get used to doing everything and easing myself into it.

Regarding food, I have been eating plenty of sweet potato, fish, chicken, rice, veg, salad, pasta etc.

Cut out all the crap pretty much and cut the drink down massively throughout the week but I do still drink on the weekend but even then not proper binge drinking!

I read the conclusions of a study that the human body is capable of supporting no more than 2 pounds of lean muscle gains a month, half a pound a week - without steroids.

This was in a controlled study with prime athletes however, most people would struggle to get close to that even.

People exaggerate their gains all the time, if you go on bulking programmes most of your gains will be fat and water retention, especially if you're using creatine. But anyone who's smashing on genuine lean muscle mass, disregarding water retention etc, is on roids.

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
I read the conclusions of a study that the human body is capable of supporting no more than 2 pounds of lean muscle gains a month, half a pound a week - without steroids.

This was in a controlled study with prime athletes however, most people would struggle to get close to that even.

People exaggerate their gains all the time, if you go on bulking programmes most of your gains will be fat and water retention, especially if you're using creatine. But anyone who's smashing on genuine lean muscle mass, disregarding water retention etc, is on roids.
I will never forget the day I was told this was bullshit by a guy stating that since he started taking whey protein, he put on 2 stone of muscle in 4 months. Bullshit straight from the source.

Anyone got any tips for upping caloric intake in a reasonably priced way? I've been recommended peanut butter, but the fat content seems a little steep for it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.