How to bulk up?

Diet is key......

Healthy breakfast(porridge/shredded whaet/sugar free muesli) followed by 3 good meals(wholegrains/healthy oils,lean protein,gree veg) each day,snack on salt free nuts,boiled eggs,protein shakes,tinned fish,occasional fruit for convenience and to ward off temptation........

Train 3 times a week covering your entire body - legs,back and chest/shoulders - supersets/giantsets are ideal for both your physique and time needs.

HITT training is also great for cardio.

Cut out/back on stimulants -alcohol/nicotine and caffeine.

You're welcome bbs,here's my typical daily training diet(none lifting day) just for pointers and a bit of an aid..........

1.Porridge/berries and protein shake

2.Apple and almonds

3.2 boiled eggs

4.Tuna/chicken/turkey in wholemeal pitta

5.Turkey/chicken/lean beef/salmon and veg stirfry(add sweet potato if training day as this would be post workout)

6.Tin of mackerel or tub of quark or protein shake and handful of almonds.(porridge/muesli if training or need the energy/carbs)

Bed.

Drink plenty of water and herbal/green/black/white teas

Im 4 weeks in to my 12 week program. going well. Just started going to gym 5 days a week, 3 days lifting 2 days HIIT cardio from now on in.
Had my before shot so by end of March I will have my after shot. May post on here as long as all goes well

itsnevereasy said:
So how are all the bulkers doing?

Went to the gym for 3 weeks, 4 times a week. Started to feel good and started to see some results.

Then I was doing my usual chest press sets one day, and felt a pain right in the centre between stomach and chest during the 4th rep. Haven't done any chest stuff for weeks as a result which is demoralising as I feel I'm back to square 1. Every time I try to work my chest I get that pain.

Don't know where to go from here... Diet-wise I'm gaining weight slowly which is good, but not if I can't turn it to muscle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.