How to bulk up?

In a round about way Ducado it can be as simple or as complex as you want to make it, the basics are quite simple (train hard, eat, rest, grow, go again) and are enough for most people to know and do well on providing they don't want to don the old budgie smugglers and step on stage, then it starts becoming very complicated, it's almost a different world.

Two things I noticed last night were the people who are under the impression you have to work the same muscle for hours (mainly biceps) and neglect everything else and your arms will grow. I have no idea where this myth started but make sure that have picked the exercises you want for that day and just do 2/3 for each muscle group. So for example if you are doing arms you only need to do

2(3) x 10(12) reps of either standing wide grip curls + same sets and reps of hammer curls. Or the curl machine long as you are using the correct technique. If the weights are too heavy start light. Once finished both these change exercises and hit a different muscle. Its not all done in one day eventually the results show when you are CONSISTENT.

Second thing I noticed are the top heavies who neglect their legs this is the worst thing a person can do because not only do you look stupid as you grow. When you decide to do legs they are a mother to get started. For legs and back are my lynch pins the rest comes after they are done. So I have a day dedicated to both. If you start your legs with the rest of your muscle groups they also become the easiest muscles to work.

Happy bulking up blues.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
My legs are ruined after doing body weight 70kg's 4x10 reps

Not sure if i will ever walk again at the moment

Bloody pt showing me how to do squats properly

Ass to grass hopefully!

They will get easier,however,its bloody agony getting there......

Good on ya for performing them,you will definitely reap the benefits if you persist,squats aren't known as the 'king' exercise for nothing,they activate alot of muscles and,as a result,alot of overall growth.Your BMR will also rise causing fat to be burned more efficiently.

Keep at it.

FantasyIreland said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Ass to grass hopefully!

Good on ya for performing them,you will definitely reap the benefits if you persist,squats aren't known as the 'king' exercise for nothing,they activate alot of muscles and,as a result,alot of overall growth.Your BMR will also rise causing fat to be burned more efficiently.

Keep at it.

Yeah i liked my quarter way down look at me doing 120kg squats, lol

Im working on max rep percentages at the moment, hopefully be rising quickly, I said to him when i left i want to 4 rep 100kg by December, hard work apparently.

Tell you what I have never sweated that much just lifting weights and then after that i have to run a mile as quick as possible 8 mins if anyone interested, although i nearly died

BoyBlue_1985 said:
FantasyIreland said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Ass to grass hopefully!

Keep at it.

Im working on max rep percentages at the moment, hopefully be rising quickly, I said to him when i left i want to 4 rep 100kg by December, hard work apparently.

Tell you what I have never sweated that much just lifting weights and then after that i have to run a mile as quick as possible 8 mins if anyone interested, although i nearly died

I'll piss it, im just naturally beefy as you know.

Feed-The-Goat said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Ass to grass hopefully!

Keep at it.

Welll yeah naturally you bench 180 while listening to snow patrol

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Welll yeah naturally you bench 180 while listening to snow patrol

I moved up from Coldplay, it felt too gay.

Lift Heavy heavy heavy weights, I do 3 sets of 3 reps with as much weight as I can lift over about 10 excersizes, work's or me! In the summer I cut the weight by about half and do 3 set of 10 reps over about 10 excersizes. I train 3 times a weeks. 5'10" 15st.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.