How to bulk up?

FantasyIreland said:
@Boy Blue

Are you training for something specific or just fitness/asthetics? Pure curiosity.

Both I want to be fitter in myself after running up some stairs after xmas and losing my breath and i want to gain muscle but stay lean. Not looking for bodybuilder stuff as I would look stupid. My fitness has improved immensly. I have also got from a round ball to leaner with definition. I have found that its a lot harder know im older 27 compared to 22 the last time i leaned out but I enjoy it moreand like setting targets this time

BoyBlue_1985 said:
FantasyIreland said:
@Boy Blue

Are you training for something specific or just fitness/asthetics? Pure curiosity.

Both I want to be fitter in myself after running up some stairs after xmas and losing my breath and i want to gain muscle but stay lean. Not looking for bodybuilder stuff as I would look stupid. My fitness has improved immensly. I have also got from a round ball to leaner with definition. I have found that its a lot harder know im older 27 compared to 22 the last time i leaned out but I enjoy it moreand like setting targets this time

Brilliant mate,i just wondered if you were applying for an occupation that required a decent level of fitness.Training for your reasons is plenty enough.

FantasyIreland said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
FantasyIreland said:
@Boy Blue

Brilliant mate,i just wondered if you were applying for an occupation that required a decent level of fitness.Training for your reasons is plenty enough.

Cheers mate
At my height and with my shoulders looking out of shape is terrible.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
FantasyIreland said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Cheers mate
At my height and with my shoulders looking out of shape is terrible.

Na 27 is not bad at all even 37 the body has a wonderful ability to remember when we were fitter but just needs reminding which is what takes time. If you keep going and eat right and get the rest you will look and feel different its as simple as that. Though I agree some may develop faster/slower than others I have to meet the man who has put in the right amount of effort (not over training) and who has zero results. Also if you cut the lager days as that is BIG one if you keep it limited to weekends but know you are going to do your cardio hard during the week with your weights you will be fine.

You are doing good squads already just dont lose motivation which happens so often.

burning blue soul said:
Can one of our resident experts give me some advice on losing stomach fat. I am in decent shape and exercise regularly. But i cant seem to shift the stomach fat like i can with otherareas

Often the hardest area to shift,however,if you are training hard then it has to be your diet thats letting you down.

What is your current training routine and a typical days diet(breakfast till bed) - this will tell me more.....

FantasyIreland said:
burning blue soul said:
Can one of our resident experts give me some advice on losing stomach fat. I am in decent shape and exercise regularly. But i cant seem to shift the stomach fat like i can with otherareas

Often the hardest area to shift,however,if you are training hard then it has to be your diet thats letting you down.

What is your current training routine and a typical days diet(breakfast till bed) - this will tell me more.....

I do a lot of walking as part of my job. Although not as much as i used to do. I maybe do about 4k a day. I don't regularly eat breakfast but will have something like a sandwich for lunch. Then dinner. I exercise doing press ups and sit ups as i believe they Will tone up my stomach best but its not working. Seems like a lot of effort that is not being directed to the right spot. What do you think?

I think you have a lot to learn,not being disrespectful,just honest.

You need proper structure,in both your training and eating,it's a lifestyle if you want the results.

A bit of walking,a few situps and pressups and occasional breakfast just wont cut it.

You need to be lifting weight 3 or 4 times a week,cardio similar and be eating regular(wholegrain/low sat fat/unrefined) meals every day.

You cannot spot reduce fat,it will shift as part of an overall recomposition due to your training and dietary efforts.

As an idea,i eat about 7 times a day,starting with breakfast(without fail) each and every day.I also train my entire body using heavy compound moves spread over several sessions a week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.