How Will Mancini Line Up Now?

Ricster

With the final piece of the jigsaw being flown in especially to complete the puzzle, now comes the guessing game of how Mancini will use his players and which formation will be more successful?

Of course with the squad City now have they can play a number of ways, lets take a look at the squad,

Goalkeepers (3)

Hart, Pantilimon, Taylor.

Defenders (9)

Richards, Kolarov, Kompany, Zabaletta, Lescott, Boyatta (U21), Clichy, Toure, Savic (U21).

Midfield (8)

Nasri, Milner, Barry, Toure, De Jong, Silva, Johnson, Wright Philips.

Striker (5)

Dzeko, Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli (U21), Guidetti (U21).

but 2 in particualr stand out above the rest. Firstly we have the tactic that Mancini has use week in, week out, and the one that has brought us silverware. The 4-3-3.

I believe this formation will be played against teams like Sunderland and above. Those teams that can battle it out for a top 10, or pushing for a European spot via the league. If Mancini has all player available, i'd expect City to line up something like this.

----------------------Hart------------------------
Richards------Kompany-----Lescott---------Clichy
---------------------De Jong---------------------
--------------Silva------------Yaya/Barry--------
Aguero------------Dzeko/Tevez--------------Nasri

Obviously there is the possibility of Nasri and Silva changing position's within the team, and i have placed Barry/Yaya and Tevez/Dzeko as all four players could have a vital part to play this season. When in possession, Yaya/Barry could link up and get forward whenever possible adding to the attacks for City, and when without possession again Yaya/Barry would drop in beside De Jong to help cover as another DM, keeping our defence solid, as well as allowing a flowing attack.

The second formation, and one i think we will see against lesser teams is one that we see Brazil play from time to time. 4-2-2-2. A more rigid formation and more difficult for teams to get through the middle of the team, but when attacking it really does depend on the FB's getting forward, and both Clichy and Richards excel at this.

----------------------Hart------------------------
Richards------Kompany-----Lescott---------Clichy
-------------De Jong---------Yaya/Barry----------
---------Silva-----------------------Nasri---------
----------Aguero---------Dzeko/Tevez------------

Again the team is shown with the same players and shows how adaptable Mancini has made our squad.

As exciting as it is, i still expect us to just be pipped for the Premiership title, the new players, Aguero, Nasri, Clichy, and Savic will take time to settle into their new surroundings, but with the average age of the squad now at under 25 years of age and the quality that is within it there is only one colour the future is going to be............................

BLUE!

I dont like him but as rat boy said on MNF, Our team has no specific formation/system.
The only thing i think we can is predict which players will play. It is impossible to say where they will be put and what they will be asked to do.

First XI:
Hart, Richards, Lescott, Kompany, Clichy....Silva, De Jong, Nasri, Yaya....Dzeko and Aguero.

All the midfield and front line will be interchanging throughout apart from De Jong and Dzeko.

Whatever happens it will be amazing to see and hopefully our best year yet.

CTID

Here is what I see RM doing:

Hart
Richards, Lescott, Kompany, Clichy
Nasri, Barry, De Jong, Yaya
Dzeko, Aguero

There are endless possibilities from there. Going to a 4-3-3, a 4-2-3-1, and i like the 4-2-2-2.

My form would look like this: 4-2-3-1
Hart
Barry, De Jong
Silva, Yaya, Nasri
Aguero

Possible Subs:
Dzeko for Aguero, Johnson for Nasri, Balotelli for Silva/Aguero.

It's endless ... I feel bad for Johnson though ... excellent player with amazing quickness, probably will see half of the time now with Nasri on board.

------------------Hart------------------
Richards--Kompany---Lescott--Kolorov/Clichy
----------De Jong----Toure-----------
----Silva---------Nasri-------Aguero-----
-----------------Dzeko-----------------

This. With Toure getting forward more than De Jong who just sits in front of the back 4.

Nasri appears to be a mix between Yaya and Silva to me - more inclined to make the runs from deep that Yaya makes. So I expect a lot of the time we'll be pushing forward with something like the following, with Richards and Clichy providing width on one flank or the other when attacking.

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Clichy
De jong
Nasri Yaya
Silva
Aguero Dzeko

i like it when we play 4-5-1 but we have 4 strikers that will be wanting to play all at once and you carnt keep them all happy so this formation is in my eyes good but should not be used often

Fluidly.

A variation of 4-2-2-2 with silva and nasri playing hybrid wide/cm roles on either side of the pitch.

Johno11 said:

Hart
Dzeko, Aguero

Mancini isn't mental. He's not going to drop Silva

He'll go with a lot of rotation and will probably add in some grit (Barry/Milner) in games against certain opposition but I think the following is how we may set up. Formation is pretty irrelevant, there will be a lot of interchanging

__________________Hart__________________

Richards____Kompany____Lescott______Clichy

_____________Yaya_____De Jong___________

_______Silva___________________Nasri_____

_____________Dzeko____Aguero___________

Picking the subs bench is going to be just as difficult as picking the team! Some (at least 4) very good players are going to be sat in the stands.

Subs (from)
Pantyman
Zab
Kolo
Savic
Kolarov
Barry
Milner
AJ
Mario
Tevez

ElanJo said:
Johno11 said:

Hart
Dzeko, Aguero

Mancini isn't mental. He's not going to drop Silva

He'll go with a lot of rotation and will probably add in some grit (Barry/Milner) in games against certain opposition but I think the following is how we may set up. Formation is pretty irrelevant, there will be a lot of interchanging

__________________Hart__________________

Richards____Kompany____Lescott______Clichy

_____________Yaya_____De Jong___________

_______Silva___________________Nasri_____

_____________Dzeko____Aguero___________

Picking the subs bench is going to be just as difficult as picking the team! Some (at least 4) very good players are going to be sat in the stands.

Subs (from)
Pantyman
Zab
Kolo
Savic
Kolarov
Barry
Milner
AJ
Mario
Tevez

I think that's the right basic formation. Keeping that squad happy will be a challenge, although I still think Tevez will leave in the next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.