How would you like the season to be decided?

How should the season be decided?

• Total voters
who gives a fuck?
Well considering its on the football side of the forum and the football coronavirus thread was getting taken over with the discussion, it just needed it's own space for people to discuss.

In the grand scheme of things I'm sure most of us are a lot more arsed about what's going on in the world but eventually football will come to the forefront again.

The issue there is say we come back in August to finish the premier league and FA cup
Liverpool could win two games, which guarantees them the league and then they totally rest their players up
Meanwhile, we play our league games, three FA Cup matches plus CL games, which could be getting on for twenty and then we start the 20/21 season
There's also the issue of the championship to be considered with the play offs and qualifying rounds for European competitions

So we play may be 20 games then start the season.
Riiiiight

I’ll go for the German suggestion just scrap the league no champs,no relegation,promotion allowed and cups cancelled,well we already have the league cup so fa cup and champions league cancelled..

The season is void. I am content to forfeit the league cup to stop vulnerable people being in danger. Start again when the problems are overcome

Looking at the league table they can’t take it as it is today.

Liverpool winning the title, is pretty clear cut however there is a small case not to give it them in terms of we could win every game and they would lose them. The best chance of this not happening is I don’t believe they can give anything else.

Top 4 at a push you could give, but the Europa (potentially CL) is United 2 points ahead of Shef United but they have a game in hand. There is no way of giving that,

Relegation is pretty tight bar Norwich, but you have Bournemouth below West Ham and Watford on goal difference just 1 goal in ow case.

It therefore makes it impossible to relegate on that basis.

If Liverpool where to get given it as well West Brom and Leeds have a legitimate claim for promotion.

There is also the complication regarding CL not finishing and as such if that starts again from the beginning it needs to be the same teams and don’t also feel they could ban as it will be the previous seasons being replayed.

It would have to be some special dispensation given by PL for Liverpool to win as to sort all the other issues is a legal and logistical nightmare.

I fully expect null and void with Liverpool being given some kind of trophy to recognise their season but not the PL.

Q endless arguments for future years with scousers on whether it counts.

Realistically to complete this season would require two months. I do not think it would be workable to interfere with next seasons starts dates due to Euro likely being held next year rather than this.
On that basis to complete this season would require two months minimum. So lets be realistic as to when at the earliest those two months might begin. If you take the governments estimate of when this will peak then a ball could not be kicked until at least mid July and that at a push. The FA Cup and the European Cups could be completed but not the league. Both the latter could be done in a fortnight.

How they will sort it out is anyones guess. I can only see wiping the season and those who were looking for promotion having to swallow it. How you would determine who plays in Europe would be more difficult.

The season is void. I am content to forfeit the league cup to stop vulnerable people being in danger. Start again when the problems are overcome
That competition had a conclusion, no need to take it away surely? Plus theyd be taking it away from us to give it back to us anyway haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.