How would you like the season to be decided?

How should the season be decided?

• Total voters
Realistically to complete this season would require two months. I do not think it would be workable to interfere with next seasons starts dates due to Euro likely being held next year rather than this.
On that basis to complete this season would require two months minimum. So lets be realistic as to when at the earliest those two months might begin. If you take the governments estimate of when this will peak then a ball could not be kicked until at least mid July and that at a push. The FA Cup and the European Cups could be completed but not the league. Both the latter could be done in a fortnight.

How they will sort it out is anyones guess. I can only see wiping the season and those who were looking for promotion having to swallow it. How you would determine who plays in Europe would be more difficult.

Based on that being void as well it would have to be last years, it has to be as the comp has not run. I think they would struggle to ban us for it as it is technically the years before comp.

v harsh on Leicester and extremely lucky for Spurs

Those that are wanting to give it the Scousers, in the media, are doing so purely because they are favourites.

If that’s how they’re to decide then give us the FA CUP and CL.

In all seriousness just cancel the thing and let’s worry about hundreds of thousands of innocent people not dying.

Who cares about fucking football really.

If it can be accommodated then restart as soon as is safely possible - given the fact that this can't even be realistically calculated as the current restart date is an arbitrary post international break date ( and those have been cancelled) I genuinely think that if no further games can be played at the moment and the fact that start dates for next years comps are set then if ... and if....it fits in with the calendar and the health advice to restart in the autumn I honestly think the only way possible is to restart like 2019/20 is void. I know lurking dippers will say its a biased view but in all honesty I think that football may have to discard this season and because of the implications of promotion, relegation, qualification etc etc we will just have to restart like it was autumn 2019 with the same fixture list as I think that will be the least controversial way of sorting shit out.......................either that or all footballs spends 3 years in CAS limbo

Pl cancelled, no champions, City keep the title, Liverpool, Rags and Spurs arbitrarily relegated, Football League frozen and 6 team playoffs take place in pre-season, start new season in August/September.

League Cup counts, FA Cup postponed, finished as a pre-season tournament replacing Community Shield. FA Cup and League Cup merged together for 20/21 season.

CL delayed, countries that aren't able to host by August have teams eliminated, playoff till you get a winner in the summer (to take the crown off the Dippers).

Is there any precedent?

Only the most recent world war, season had just started and they cancelled it.

So nobody really knows what will happen. At a guess; the Premier League will be desperate to finish it, some clubs will be as well but some clubs won't be.

Precedent could also come from another European league if they make a decision sooner.

If they gave the dippers the title
This season the history books will always state the league was not actually won mathematically, I’m happy with that as they’d always be known as the champions that weren’t if that makes sense also won’t do our 100 points.

Last edited:
Assuming there will be no games played for a couple of months the season can’t be considered a continuous season and therefore has to be void.

Start the new season in August hopefully.

Null and void any competitions not complete. Pay out prize money based on games played so not full amount but clubs are still getting an income.

Whilst not ideal, no club can moan too much if they start the new season in the same division. Stats still stand for players and clubs, games were official competitions.

Give Liverpool a special cup for trying so hard but accomplishing nothing. They can all have little medals for a nearly being champions and a special little badge on their kit next season. No other club is eligible for having such a reward despite also accomplishing nothing because it all means less to the rest of us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.