How would you like the season to be decided?

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by MCFC1993, 13 Mar 2020.

?

How should the season be decided?

1. Null & Void - Restart all competitions before next season, if it's not possible then Null & Void.

64.0%
  2. The German Suggestion - No Champion, No Relegation, Top 4 and Promotion allowed, Cups Cancelled.

19.1%
  3. Viva La France - Champions, European Places, Relegation and Promotion decided. Cups Cancelled

3.7%
  4. Restart all competitions when it is safe to do so regardless of time frame. Shorten next season.

7.9%
  5. Playoffs - Playoff for Champion, Europe Places, Relegation and Promotion. Finish the Cups.

2.7%
  6. The Carragher - Liverpool should be Champions La, Cups Cancelled, City Banned, Atletico result wiped

2.6%
  1. Big Swifty

Big Swifty

City started the 1939-40 season with high hopes of promotion from Division Two. They lost 3-4 at Leicester on Aug 26, drew 1-1 with Bury on Aug 30 and beat Chesterfield 2-0 on Sept 2.

The next morning Chamberlain declared war on Nazi Germany. All League football stopped, and the results were expunged. City's goal-scorers (Doherty 2, Milsom 2, Brook and Dunkley) had their goals expunged too from the records.

If this were applied today, City's goal-scorers' records would look very different. And yes, I know that current circumstances are totally different.

I just throw this in as a historical sideline. It may be an irrelevance. Some may find it of interest.

2. roman totale

roman totale

It’s official. FA have said non-league season from NPL down to NWCL ended and declared null and void. No promotion/ relegation.
    Discussions taking place with National League on what happens there. It’s coming Dippers!

3. chester57

chester57

Team supported:
    liverpool
    14 days for FA Cup and European Cup. City are still in both if they carry on winning how many games is that ? 9 ?

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

Prepare for national mourning day .

5. ganganvince

ganganvince

Panic on the streets of L******

Mad Eyed Screamer likes this.
  6. Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Team supported:
    FC Zurich (and city of course)
    We're only a week away from when the deluded twats thought the season would restart!:-)

7. OccupiedPalestineBlues

OccupiedPalestineBlues

Team supported:
    Manchester City FC
    Well it is both interesting and informative because it describes some history that many wouldn't have known about (me included) and it provides a precedent as to how previous situations of this kind were managed.

8. Big Swifty

Big Swifty

Thanks, OPB.

9. spacecadet

spacecadet

VAR enabled
    VIRUS voided.

10. ancoats

ancoats

anybody thinks the premier league will be played out are daft ? its got to be voided and start again. because the virus will be not cleared up before September at the latest. and then you need a pre-season to sort out the fitness of players and get game time in their legs

i have just put my tin hat on ? and saying why not give the title to liverpool it was over before Christmas and city given up long before Christmas. its the only thing other than city winning the league cup that you can say was over. and not bets taken on the outcome it was done and dusted