How would you like the season to be decided?

How should the season be decided?

• Total voters
City started the 1939-40 season with high hopes of promotion from Division Two. They lost 3-4 at Leicester on Aug 26, drew 1-1 with Bury on Aug 30 and beat Chesterfield 2-0 on Sept 2.

The next morning Chamberlain declared war on Nazi Germany. All League football stopped, and the results were expunged. City's goal-scorers (Doherty 2, Milsom 2, Brook and Dunkley) had their goals expunged too from the records.

If this were applied today, City's goal-scorers' records would look very different. And yes, I know that current circumstances are totally different.

I just throw this in as a historical sideline. It may be an irrelevance. Some may find it of interest.

Realistically to complete this season would require two months. I do not think it would be workable to interfere with next seasons starts dates due to Euro likely being held next year rather than this.
On that basis to complete this season would require two months minimum. So lets be realistic as to when at the earliest those two months might begin. If you take the governments estimate of when this will peak then a ball could not be kicked until at least mid July and that at a push. The FA Cup and the European Cups could be completed but not the league. Both the latter could be done in a fortnight.

How they will sort it out is anyones guess. I can only see wiping the season and those who were looking for promotion having to swallow it. How you would determine who plays in Europe would be more difficult.
14 days for FA Cup and European Cup. City are still in both if they carry on winning how many games is that ? 9 ?

It’s official. FA have said non-league season from NPL down to NWCL ended and declared null and void. No promotion/ relegation.
Discussions taking place with National League on what happens there. It’s coming Dippers!

Prepare for national mourning day .

It’s official. FA have said non-league season from NPL down to NWCL ended and declared null and void. No promotion/ relegation.
Discussions taking place with National League on what happens there. It’s coming Dippers!
We're only a week away from when the deluded twats thought the season would restart!:-)

City started the 1939-40 season with high hopes of promotion from Division Two. They lost 3-4 at Leicester on Aug 26, drew 1-1 with Bury on Aug 30 and beat Chesterfield 2-0 on Sept 2.

The next morning Chamberlain declared war on Nazi Germany. All League football stopped, and the results were expunged. City's goal-scorers (Doherty 2, Milsom 2, Brook and Dunkley) had their goals expunged too from the records.

If this were applied today, City's goal-scorers' records would look very different. And yes, I know that current circumstances are totally different.

I just throw this in as a historical sideline. It may be an irrelevance. Some may find it of interest.

Well it is both interesting and informative because it describes some history that many wouldn't have known about (me included) and it provides a precedent as to how previous situations of this kind were managed.

We're only a week away from when the deluded twats thought the season would restart!:-)

anybody thinks the premier league will be played out are daft ? its got to be voided and start again. because the virus will be not cleared up before September at the latest. and then you need a pre-season to sort out the fitness of players and get game time in their legs

i have just put my tin hat on ? and saying why not give the title to liverpool it was over before Christmas and city given up long before Christmas. its the only thing other than city winning the league cup that you can say was over. and not bets taken on the outcome it was done and dusted

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.