How would you say you are coping mentally?

Weird one today. I've had an awful lot on professionally. Easily the most I've had to do on a single day since this all started. I thought it'd be quite cathartic to feel busy. End of the working day and it's left me feeling quite numb. All felt so...trivial? Bit of a shitter. Just felt numb from it all and absolutely no sense of satisfaction at all. Maybe it's because usually at the end of the day it's like 'great! now I get to live my life!', and well...you can't. All that work for no reward.

Could be something else too - was chatting to a friend about a similar feeling a few weeks back and they referenced Maslow's Hierarchy of needs. Bit a-level psychology this, obviously, but maybe there's sumat in it.

maslow-needs2.webp

I think it's pretty difficult to get anywhere near the top when so many aren't anywhere near content with the two basic needs. Reckon it could be a bit of a problem for people all over the world. Productivity will drop off a cliff I think, not through choice either. Just people won't feel anywhere near their true self. I'm a really creative fella and have always had the urge to create and make things throughout my life. Just disappeared entirely over the past few months.

Think there's going to be issues like this that we've not really thought about. Poor decision making in work, people operating at about 70% mentally cos their head is elsewhere etc. It'll be a weird time. Anyway, just something to ponder.

Weird one today. I've had an awful lot on professionally. Easily the most I've had to do on a single day since this all started. I thought it'd be quite cathartic to feel busy. End of the working day and it's left me feeling quite numb. All felt so...trivial? Bit of a shitter. Just felt numb from it all and absolutely no sense of satisfaction at all. Maybe it's because usually at the end of the day it's like 'great! now I get to live my life!', and well...you can't. All that work for no reward.

Could be something else too - was chatting to a friend about a similar feeling a few weeks back and they referenced Maslow's Hierarchy of needs. Bit a-level psychology this, obviously, but maybe there's sumat in it.

maslow-needs2.webp

I think it's pretty difficult to get anywhere near the top when so many aren't anywhere near content with the two basic needs. Reckon it could be a bit of a problem for people all over the world. Productivity will drop off a cliff I think, not through choice either. Just people won't feel anywhere near their true self. I'm a really creative fella and have always had the urge to create and make things throughout my life. Just disappeared entirely over the past few months.

Think there's going to be issues like this that we've not really thought about. Poor decision making in work, people operating at about 70% mentally cos their head is elsewhere etc. It'll be a weird time. Anyway, just something to ponder.
I learnt all that when I was doing my trainer trainer job for the airport, yes! they let me pass on my pearls of wisdom to other humans

Was fine start with got lots of jobs round the flat done that been putting off(live alone so don't have anyone to moan about it not getting done) all done now tho.

I call my parents every other day n go food shopping twice a week (have supermarkets either end of my street) so not out for long.

Watched more boxsets than ever n now am struggling find things pass the time.

Went a walk back end o last week but realised pretty quick I don't enjoy walking.

You're not losing your marbles, it happened to a number of returning servicemen after the two world wars.

That's interesting to know. For what its worth, I wasn't for one second implying that anything I've gone through is anywhere *near* as bad as what they went through. I know lots of us are very fortunate in that way! More just pondering the effects of the psyche of some people after spending months in a heightened state of insecurity around job security, health, fear of losing family, while having all of life's pleasantries kinda removed. It's almost certainly going to change the way lots of people think isn't it?

I was doing fine until about two weeks ago when I had a panic attack for the first time, it was so scary I honestly thought I was going to die. I’ve had maybe 6-7 fully blown ones since and lots of smaller ones that I’ve been able to control before they get really bad. I honestly don’t even feel like myself anymore, it’s scary how fast they have come on and taken over my life. I have a constant knot in my stomach and feel panicky all the time, just waiting for the next attack. It’s horrible feeling like this, I absolutely hate it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.