How would you say you are coping mentally?

That's interesting to know. For what its worth, I wasn't for one second implying that anything I've gone through is anywhere *near* as bad as what they went through. I know lots of us are very fortunate in that way! More just pondering the effects of the psyche of some people after spending months in a heightened state of insecurity around job security, health, fear of losing family, while having all of life's pleasantries kinda removed. It's almost certainly going to change the way lots of people think isn't it?

It will, though I'm not sure in what way and whether it will last.

I'm 63 and retired, I'm not in the mainstream of things, I don't have a handle on the zeitgeist any more. I don't understand why we elect shitty Tory governments, why we put our trust in establishment clowns, why so many think leaving the most successful trading block in history seems such a good idea, why we revel in British exceptionalism, when we're clearly a bit shit at most things.

In truth I'm a bit low at the minute, for me this disease is more depressing than frightening, it doesn't just extinguish lives, it extinguishes hope.

Only one hour and fifty minutes to go: Cor blimey and thank you Boris!

Flask and butties packed and a sixpence piece for who spots that tower first !

Feeling abit more nervous now that more people are out and about. Had two people come when in 2 meters today to ask about foodbanks. Had to asked them to stand away from me.

This week alone I must of had at least 10 or more people come within two meters when trying to deliver to foodbanks. People seem to think the lockdown is over and its scary and I am scared that we might be at a higher risk now.

I was doing fine until about two weeks ago when I had a panic attack for the first time, it was so scary I honestly thought I was going to die. I’ve had maybe 6-7 fully blown ones since and lots of smaller ones that I’ve been able to control before they get really bad. I honestly don’t even feel like myself anymore, it’s scary how fast they have come on and taken over my life. I have a constant knot in my stomach and feel panicky all the time, just waiting for the next attack. It’s horrible feeling like this, I absolutely hate it.
Sorry you feel like that,that is miserable,get on the phone or if your surgery sent you an app for a face to face like that and just have a chat,they might just give you ways to cope or suggest some anxiety meds to help you manage it,i know what that anxiety feels like and you don't have to struggle on your own,your Dr is there for you if not another one will be,please get in contact with them lovely

Feeling abit more nervous now that more people are out and about. Had two people come when in 2 meters today to ask about foodbanks. Had to asked them to stand away from me.

This week alone I must of had at least 10 or more people come within two meters when trying to deliver to foodbanks. People seem to think the lockdown is over and its scary and I am scared that we might be at a higher risk now.
Sorry to here that. Some people are just too thick to realise the consequence of their actions.

I love your posts Gordon so If I may offer a small snippet of advice. Raise of your right arm with palm outstretched and espouse "Get back you bastard" in an authoritative tone. It has worked for me thus far and to this very day my breathing remains non erratical.

Meters?: /

Perhaps they were a pair of hungry voice operated parking meters mate; )

Sorry you feel like that,that is miserable,get on the phone or if your surgery sent you an app for a face to face like that and just have a chat,they might just give you ways to cope or suggest some anxiety meds to help you manage it,i know what that anxiety feels like and you don't have to struggle on your own,your Dr is there for you if not another one will be,please get in contact with them lovely
Good advice Kaz.

Thanks Karen I appreciate all the advice. I’m in contact with my doctor and I’m currently doing an online CBT course to try and change my thinking. I’m lucky to have a good support system at home and I’m sure I’ll come through it and start to feel better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.