How would you say you are coping mentally?

My mood is all over the place, I do realise that compared to some people on here that my situation is insignificant, I still have a job and am working from home and as I am semi retired from a financial perspective I am ok.
However I am one of life's natural worriers and always see the glass half empty. I have been on leave this week and actually ventured out to the Trafford Centre on Tuesday with my other half and my eldest. We went fairly early and I coped for most of the time but after a couple of hours started to feel a bit nervous about the number of people there and their proximity to me. It was more related to those few without a mask that bothered me. It caused a bit of a row as both my wife and daughter have been fairly active since the first lockdown ended even going away for a few days (I have been working most days during each week) and they're more used to being out and about.
Went for my haircut today, which wasn't a problem in itself as the protocols in the place were pretty good however another bloke having his haircut had removed his mask which played on mind as I always think worse case scenario.
Sorry to rant on about this as I said at the start I know that there are a lot of people worse off than me however writing it down does to a certain extent feel cathartic.
Don't apologise. Does you good to get things off your chest. Keep posting, I'm sure nobody is going to have a pop at you for it

Get thee behind me Covid! Matthew 16:23: Verily I say unto you that it shall not always rain with the Good Times just around that corner. An uplifting tune in a depressing climate.

Last edited:
Have you taken a look online seeing as your GP practice are crap? There are exercise plans etc (if the pain allows), a back brace could possibly help, a Chiropractor might be able to assist you with the condition but obviously this could be an expensive.
You've probably looked into things already but just in case you haven't. Hope things improve.

Have you taken a look online seeing as your GP practice are crap? There are exercise plans etc (if the pain allows), a back brace could possibly help, a Chiropractor might be able to assist you with the condition but obviously this could be an expensive.
You've probably looked into things already but just in case you haven't. Hope things improve.
Cheers mate, throughout lock down and still, you can only e mail my gp's practice.
I was refered to a neurologist as they thought the pain was my head. He spoke to me on the phone and organised a mri scan which showed its my spine. I am still waiting for the spinal lot to contact.
As soon as lockdown finished I went to a chiropracter, she said the middle of my neck was fine. I asked about the rest and she said the bottom was fucked and the top not much better!!! I am booked in to see her again next Wednesday as she wanted to wait until the results of the cervical and MRI sxan were known. I am desperate for her to be able to do something.

Still fine thanks. Work has continued for me and the missus, I can still buy records, book slots in record shops, go to the pub and take weekend breaks. Apart from wearing a mask nothing really has changed.
I thought you had been advised to wear a mask long before covid?

@blue1974 like you said you have to consider private. When lock down ended and I felt the problem was my eyes causing the pain I tried the optician. Not satisfied (long story) I looked online and paid £250 for a top eye fellah to see me. At 4pm on the day of the appointment he took of his white NHS coat and put on a blazer. He then saw me at 4.15!!!!!
It was at the MRI and he used the NHS office and equipment., but I suppose it was worth it for the reassurance it gave me.

@blue1974 like you said you have to consider private. When lock down ended and I felt the problem was my eyes causing the pain I tried the optician. Not satisfied (long story) I looked online and paid £250 for a top eye fellah to see me. At 4pm on the day of the appointment he took of his white NHS coat and put on a blazer. He then saw me at 4.15!!!!!
It was at the MRI and he used the NHS office and equipment., but I suppose it was worth it for the reassurance it gave me.
It's a joke that you have to do that sort of thing but at least you were reassured. My GP Practice are really good and currently do alot through askmygp currently and they respond really quickly but I suppose it's luck of the draw, yours should be doing a lot more for you. You could always ask about their complaints procedure as that might make them pull their fingers out but it's whether you want to do that sort of thing.
Fingers crossed the chiropractor can do something for you whilst you are waiting on the spinal unit getting back (no pun intended) to you.

It's a joke that you have to do that sort of thing but at least you were reassured. My GP Practice are really good and currently do alot through askmygp currently and they respond really quickly but I suppose it's luck of the draw, yours should be doing a lot more for you. You could always ask about their complaints procedure as that might make them pull their fingers out but it's whether you want to do that sort of thing.
Fingers crossed the chiropractor can do something for you whilst you are waiting on the spinal unit getting back (no pun intended) to you.
My so called practice Firsway Health Centre in Sale use askmygp. it is currently suspended because it never works. As part of this shit I told them I'd had pins and needles in my left arm for 3months, they prescribed tablets which could have side effects.............. yes you have guessed it, they could cause pins and needles.
The GP prescribed tablets which were fucking with my head, the neurologist took me off them and put me on others which fucked with my head even more. After lockdown I ventured for the first time into a pub. I was sent there in sunglasses and I felt spaced out. I came home, ditched the tablets and the next morning felt 10 times better.
Sorry to whine, there are far more people having a far worse time than me but.

My so called practice Firsway Health Centre in Sale use askmygp. it is currently suspended because it never works. As part of this shit I told them I'd had pins and needles in my left arm for 3months, they prescribed tablets which could have side effects.............. yes you have guessed it, they could cause pins and needles.
The GP prescribed tablets which were fucking with my head, the neurologist took me off them and put me on others which fucked with my head even more. After lockdown I ventured for the first time into a pub. I was sent there in sunglasses and I felt spaced out. I came home, ditched the tablets and the next morning felt 10 times better.
Sorry to whine, there are far more people having a far worse time than me but.
Wow, as they say you couldn't make this shit up. It's also not whining so don't worry about that. As I say fingers crossed things improve soon.
Thank god we ended up with West Timperley Medical Centre though I'm sure that will be crap for some.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.