How's your mood after the RM game?

Fine.

Bit disappointed with the result, a little worried about our fitness ahead of Saturday. But I said it in June last year after Istanbul and I stand by it now that I just don't want from City anymore, not to the same levels as before. We won the fucking treble and I lived to see it. If we don't win anything else for the rest of my life City will have still done something that 99.9% of all football fans never get to see their team do.

I follow Stockport County as well as City and they're finally stable again after nearly falling out the bottom of the football pyramid in the 2010s. Fact is, we might be out of the European Cup tonight but I know we'll be back again next year. And I've got treasured memories of us winning it. Football is 99% disappointment but we're part of the 1% who had no sense of disappointment at all last season. Us. City. Better to be grateful for what's already happened than cry over what could have been.

I’m an American who has only been a fan for the last ten years or so, so i acknowledge my perspective is different. I feel lucky to support a team who is always a contender. I said this year I would be fine if we won nothing, as long as we were contenders and didn’t lose knockout games from stupid mistakes - I wanted to play well. Still feel like that happened today.

Sad we lost, but I’m okay with where we are.

Proud and frustrated. We made the 'Kings' as they kept being referred to as, look like Burnley, but that fucking first shot on target first goal thing is fucking me right off.

I don’t feel that bad about it. We’re at a level now where we play Madrid and they’re the defensive team playing like an underdog and relying on us not taking our chances and playing for penalties. We’ll be there or there about a next season.

The expectations we set on ourselves, let alone others, are so ridiculously high.

Fine really, at 61 my first serious home European shootout and Eddie's marvellous penalty. Not as disappointed as I expected and like some of the City players a little tired right now.
Felt like a visitor rather than a lifelong season ticket holder tonight and unlikely to watch anymore of this competition.

Not searching for the reasons. Nothing guarantees winning the champions league. It was a quarterfinal anyway. Semifinal hurts much more.

Proud on the team. We are still in pole position to win the fa cup and the league. I think we won the premier league two seasons ago only because we were out of a champions league.

Now is the same. The hunger will be much more intense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.