How's your mood after the RM game?

Same deflated mood as the loss to Real few seasons ago. On that occasion I only got over it when Real beat red scousers and watched final in Ibiza with some Real fans in a bar.

Disappointed, but proud. Madrid parked the bus and got away with a result. King of this competition parked the bus because they couldn't hack it any other way.
Pretty much this for me too. Not as gutted as other losses — many others, including Wigan 2x in the FA Cup. The mighty Real Madrid penned into their own end for the substantial majority of the match. They played smash and grab like so many if not most inferior sides do against us. We played well, just couldn’t put it away. And Rudiger was a beast for them — like a defensive kryptonite Son. I take my hat off. We still have big things to play for. I’d feel much worse were this the final, much worse.

A little concerned… Pep and his team need to raise them for the Chelsea game as tonight would have taken a lot emotionally and physically. think Bernardo’s prematch comments let it slip the players were thinking a double treble was a possibility

Chelsea will be a difficult game no doubt and moreso after tonight exertions

Said all long I’d be happy with a single trophy - personally I’d want us to put everything on to the retaining the PL now
We are not winning Saturday. Will be shattered.

We didn't lose a game in the whole tournament.
We had 33 shots tonight against the now favourites.
If they hadn't scrapped the away goals rule we'd have gone through.
So rather unlucky.

Not sure, though, why Pep took off people in extra time who would probably have been better at penalties, and calmer in the shoot-out ?

Not sure if some have noticed - but Luton Madrid were hellbent on not letting us shoot from distance.
The schoolyard shouts of "shoot" is somewhat tedious. I imagine there'd be just as loud "arghhhs"as it ricochets off shins and thighs.
What's the betting Chelsea will play just like Luton Madrid.

Disappointed we have gone especially after penalties but can't really fault the team's overall mentality and usually we do bounce back.

yes deflated. strange that we wont technically be ‘the best team in europe’ anymore.

a second champions league and treble would have made us the greatest team ever.

we’ll just have to settle for the best british team of all time and one of the best football teams of all time

however its not the same egg on face foolishness we felt when fumbling the final in 2021 or the madrid 2 goals in the last minute game in the Bernabeau (Cancelo crossing into nobody from deep on 88 mins still annoys me).

those times we either bottled it or shit the bed. this time we were miles better and just got the penalty shafting.

by tomorrow afternoon we’ll all be looking forward to facing Cole Palmer and on that massive Wembley pitch we should easily grind
them down. the last 2 crazy draws with them it was in pissing rain, thats my excuse anyway

We didn't lose a game in the whole tournament.
We had 33 shots tonight against the now favourites.
If they hadn't scrapped the away goals rule we'd have gone through.
So rather unlucky.

Not sure, though, why Pep took off people in extra time who would probably have been better at penalties, and calmer in the shoot-out ?
They asked to be subbed although not sure why Erling did. Must've been injured it wasn't because he was tired thats for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.