How's your mood after the RM game?

Can not see us winning all our remaining games, especially with 4 away.

Need the other 2 involved to continue slipping up.
We're arguably better away from home... but I agree we'll probably drop points somewhere, but so will the other two

As long as we win the league, I don't care. We already have this and any other trophy lift in it is a bonus. With the Premier League it's all about consistency, with the CL it's luck of the draw, or RM's case the opposition shitting their pants and handing it to them on a plate in stoppage time, then extra time.

The league is our priority and the one we have to keep winning. The players knew deep down another treble was near impossible.

Like all cup competitions, it's knowing that it is over for another year, being a City fan, for over 70 years, I'm certainly no stranger to losing games. If the opposition are simply better, then the defeat is accepted with good grace.
The real disappointment is knowing that we could and should have won, we were the better team on the night and had two great opportunities to clinch a semi-final place. It's those misses, along with the awful penalty, that play on the mind.

I thought today I’d be miserable and in an all-round shite mood but all I feel is an overwhelming feeling of pride in being a blue. We’ve become the envy of the country and the outpouring of celebration from rival fans (rags crawling out of their holes especially) has shown how far and how much we’ve progressed as a club. Yes the result hurts as nobody likes losing but who’d ever have thought that a club from Maine Road would force the self proclaimed ‘Kings of Europe’ to play 5 at the back and desperately hold onto a draw to force penalties against them. It’s just another testament to how good of a club we are and nobody does it like City. Proud of our lads and proud of being a blue today more than most days.

Like all cup competitions, it's knowing that it is over for another year, being a City fan, for over 70 years, I'm certainly no stranger to losing games. If the opposition are simply better, then the defeat is accepted with good grace.
The real disappointment is knowing that we could and should have won, we were the better team on the night and had two great opportunities to clinch a semi-final place. It's those misses, along with the awful penalty, that play on the mind.
I've rewatched the game.
We didn't have enough cutting edge. Yes we have Haaland but we don't get the ball to him anywhere near enough.
We just seem to keep passing it side to side around the edge of their 18 yard box which with their players was easy to defend. They even made it hard for us to shoot long range.
We must overcome this problem, it's going to keep stopping us winning big games against quality opposition.
I don't profess to be an expert but I see the answer as being fast direct wing play like we had with Sane.
Doku tried to break through several times when he came on but he's young and not at that level yet. And at that stage there was no Haaland to keep the defenders busy.

24 hrs on and I still have a pit in my stomach. Would love to have seen Pep and our fabulous team through to the semi’s . Our players are built for the big occasion and I felt particularly sorry for Kev last night, he’s so passionate about winning and playing for City in these big games. I’m so in awe of his selflessness that he was willing to come off for the good of the team and his health for the title run in. I would love to hear his thoughts today after last night epic game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.