HRH Prince Philip - Passed Away

R I P Prince Philip, cant have been easy staying in the background and I believe you were a good person overall, with admirable service, despite the odd gaffe.

Condolences to all his family, especially the Queen.

Last edited:
I know but as one it is still slightly annoying to be bracketed with Union Jacks or the flag of St George, Rottweilers, Staffies or Bulldogs :)

I certainly don't buy the Sun either lol
I know but as one it is still slightly annoying to be bracketed with Union Jacks or the flag of St George, Rottweilers, Staffies or Bulldogs :)

I certainly don't buy the Sun either lol
Oi!! I have a cute cuddly little Staffie!

WVM are not grouped because of their politics but by the way they 'drive' and the way they shout 'Go fuck yourself' when they are in the wrong.

Suspect not. Sense the notion of duty and complete service runs as strongly in her as it did in him, so stepping down may not be considered appropriate and, thus, not countenanced.

I can't imagine her not being the Queen as it's all I have ever known, but she has done more than would have ever been expected in serving her country. That's why I am thinking about 12 months, she will be mid 90's and deserves some time in in a "Kings Mother" role.

I do suspect she will go straight through though.

The verdict is in: wall-to-wall TV coverage of Prince Philip's death was a turn-off for Brits, with major channels losing primetime (7pm-11pm) viewers compared with Friday, April 2.

BBC1: -6%
ITV: -60%
BBC2: -65%
C4: -8.5%

I can't imagine her not being the Queen as it's all I have ever known, but she has done more than would have ever been expected in serving her country. That's why I am thinking about 12 months, she will be mid 90's and deserves some time in in a "Kings Mother" role.

I do suspect she will go straight through though.
The endurance of the British monarchy lies in its determination not to change, in the slightest. Other monarchies may change, and perhaps fall, but any deviation can be interpreted as a sign of weakness and encourage greater change, so better to carry on regardless. The blanket coverage of the last couple of days only reinforces the importance of the institution to the public.

Really?
ITV lost 60% of its regular Friday viewing figures, BBC2 65%.
The BBC have had so many complaints they’ve had to set up a webpage for people to complain about the over reaction nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.