Huddersfield (H) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

'Incredibly delighted to have Kevin back'
FT: Man City 5-0 Huddersfield

Manchester City

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola: "We are incredibly delighted to have him back because Kevin [de Bruyne] helps to win games. It is so important to have him back after a long injury.

"He will help us with his talent but I don't want to put all the pressure on Kevin's shoulders because it is not fair to him.

"Of course he has a special ability and quality to do something that is difficult to find. We have guys in midfield who love to run. Kevin is exceptional. He is unique. We are really pleased he is back after more than three months with injury. He had a really good assist for the Jeremy Doku goal.

"Really good to have him back."

I think KDB’s return lifted everyone from the first minute, Klopp and Arteta will be shitting themselves seeing him back and us finally getting in gear.

The interplay and link up with everyone was next level.
Think Kev and Nunes could be something special together.

'I want to be the decisive player'
FT: Man City 5-0 Huddersfield

Manchester City

Manchester City attacker Phil Foden, speaking to BBC: “We’re all buzzing with result. It was a bit difficult to break them down. The first goal I scored was important, then we had more rhythm and we took our chances well.

"Delighted with he result, not an easy sided when they give everything to beat us but I thought the way we handled ourselves, didn’t get impatient, carried on playing our football – we’re delighted with the result.

“The team handles it well. We seem to come against a low block quite often. We know what to expect, we just need to be patient, find the spaces and keep switching and hopefully they’ll open up and get tired. We attacked at the right time and aggressively so it’s a great result.

On his first goal: “I picked up ball in tight area and thought I’d just put my laces through it and delighted to see it hit back of net.

On his second: “It was a nice little flick off Kova to find me, just passed it in the corner and I’m delighted to see that one go in as well.

On being a central figure for City: "I'm enjoying my football at the moment, being in the pockets and in between the lines. It’s where I want to be, I need to keep helping the team with goals and assists and be that decisive player. I’m trying to do that every game."

The terriers brought good support but their team were shithouses to a man.

Phil was at the heart of everything for us Jack started well. Kovacic was very good and this was definitely Ruben's best game in a while. Gomez played well too.

We were very good and then those subs.
Doku looked instantly on it but Kev was majestic. You can just see him thinking 2 or 3 passes ahead of everyone else. Another home draw wouldn't be terrible!

Only negative was Akanji getting injured, how the commentators said that wasn’t a foul just proves the bias they gave to Huddersfield. Anyway, good to see Kev and Jeremy linking up for a goal, two excellent goals from Phil and Alvarez also showed his class. Promising contributions from Lewis, Bobb and Gomez too, and Ortega was there when it mattered. Happy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.