Huddersfield (H) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

The terriers brought good support but their team were shithouses to a man.

Phil was at the heart of everything for us Jack started well. Kovacic was very good and this was definitely Ruben's best game in a while. Gomez played well too.

We were very good and then those subs.
Doku looked instantly on it but Kev was majestic. You can just see him thinking 2 or 3 passes ahead of everyone else. Another home draw wouldn't be terrible!
They brought good support but I didn’t hear a peep put of em watching on tv, were they thst quiet in the ground?

..... how the commentators said that wasn’t a foul just proves the bias they gave to Huddersfield.
That was the idiot Scots pundit whose view of football seems to come from watching Hough End Sunday League or even lower Scottish League football.

He couldn't keep his mouth shut spouting off about Pep and how City should play? With his insights he would be a good candidate to replace Ten Haag at the rags.

You can literally touch the love the fans have for Kev.Thought he looked as lean,fit,sharp and hungry.I just wish he wouldn’t break into a run.I worry.

IMG-20240107-WA0015.jpg

It took him a while to get going, but it was all about Phil Foden AGAIN!

It was a decent team performance, with few surprises. Udders started very well & it took us 7-8 minutes to get our foot on the ball, but from then on the match went the way most expected... Attack vs Defence.

In matches like this, we need to win & hopefully not pick up any injuries, so in that respect I'm gutted Akanji had to go off early.

Foden stretched Udders all over the place, & was the string puller in chief. Phil's starting to come into his own as a goal scoring No 10.

Nunes played the double pivot with Kovacic, where he also had licence to get forward. He made some nice touches & knitted the central midfield & attack well. Kovacic also kept things tight & ticking over at CDM, with a very disciplined display.

Jack played well, but was rather predictable again. The difference in threat & jeopardy between Grealish & Count Doku is night & day. From the moment the Count came on, the lift it gave the crowd in terms of excitement & expectation was something else.

Oscar was a bit quiet & ineffective in the first half against a stubborn 10 man defence, but he came out all guns blazing in the second, & what a prospect we have! He showed exactly what he can do, & what another brilliant pass which assisted an assist!

Gomez was steady & acquitted himself well. He moved centrally when Doku came on, & started some string pulling of his own, & was unlucky not to score. He's a player I'd love us to keep & develop. He just needs more game time methinks.

It was good to see a confident Hamilton come on looking like he belongs at this level, & what about Jacob Wright! I've never heard of him, but the kid was as Cool Hand Luke as fuck on the ball, looking like he had all the time in the world when he had possession.

IMG-20240107-WA0016.jpg

Saving the best until last, what a relief it was to see the long anticipated return of King Kev! The way he moved the ball around & quickened up our passing play was a thing to behold. He also got an assist too, in a simply brilliant move which Doku dispatched with aplomb.

It was a decent effort all round, & we clearly benefitted from having a week off. Roll on Newcastle next weekend.

Hopefully Philips will end his City nightmare & can rebuild his career under Eddie Howe. We can even give him a lift to St James' Park. \0/

I read that he has adopted a new diet and training regime to preserve fitness in his 30s. Bodes well.

That is great news if true. Usually takes 6 weeks after injury to fully hit his stride, where he glides past challenges, has that extra turn of pace.

Looked in great shape today, more trim than usual when he returns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.