Huddersfield(H) Post Match Thread

Reading this thread, I'm confused. I could have sworn that we got the PL trophy today, which should be a time for happiness and celebration. Have I endured a four hour delay flying into Liverpool yesterday for nothing? Or sitting here with a sunburnt head (bloody Manchester weather), again, for nothing?

Today was a day of celebration. If we win our last 2 and finish on 100 points and 104+goals no one will remember this result. Finish the season perfectly now please City !

Does anybody know where I can watch the sky sports post match coverage of the trophy presentation?

Forgot to record it, and was at the game so didn't get to see the interviews etc.

Cheers!

That was shite - we looked like a side happy to take 1 point and no goals - typical City
The guys tried, but the end of the season's a grind. Just couldn't find that final killer ball or strike a clean shot on target. They are human.

Wonderful night, it was night here, wish I could have been there. Still, my seat went to a real blue. Good on yer City. CTID.

If Silva didn’t play so un-Silva-ish, in the 2nd or 3rd minute, he squares it to Jesus and we go on to hit 4 or 5. It’s ridiculous how fine the margins are sometimes.

Ok then, when aguero gets his usual injuries and misses parts of the season, we rely on Jesus, so as I said if Jesus gets injured who then? Forget euro squad didn't ask that, and as for fifa who gives a fuck? Hate to say it but rags 99 won treble, yorke, cole and a certain Mr sheringham, didn't start every week but gave them an option when things were not going there way, oh and scored in champs league final, so ask me who I would drop, well simple really a midfield player, starting if fit, Silva (david) De bruyne, sterling, sane, so could have dropped one of the other midfield players?

Well the euro squad does matter because a player like Dzeko is not going to accept not being a part of it in addition to being third choice and only called on if Aguero and Jesus get injured. What you want is just ridiculously unrealistic.

That United team played 2 up top hence the reason they had four strikers, we do not play that way. The best chance of having another striker option is if we have a wide player who can play upfront and sadly its unlikely he will be a targetman either. Alternatively a young kid or player seeong his time out not a player like Dzeko at the top of his game.

At the moment we have about four choices:Aguero/Jesus/Sterling and Silva as a false nine.

Pep said on numerous occasions that winning all 4 was simply not possible and history tells you its impossible.

Whilst i appreciate the sentiment of aiming for the stars, you also have to accept that more often than not you will only reach the moon and a league and cup double is some moon.

We have broken virtually every record in the book in doing it as well and we still have 2 games to go to do every single one of them so im sorry but i dont agree with the sentiment we could and should have done so much more.
Good point well made

I'm on the side of the "we've no need to moan" brigade - but why, why, WHY do teams that play like Huddersfield in the second half get tonnes of praise?

edit: btw, I hope they go down now.
I recall that after we were promoted to the Prem, if on the odd occasion we didn't always spend most of the game attacking the likes of Liverpool, we used to get press reports like 'City got what they deserved - nothing !!!' If Manure win like that, it's a Maureen tactical masterclass. But teams who waste time and park the bus against us and have 20 per cent possession at home receive praise !!!!!

Well the euro squad does matter because a player like Dzeko is not going to accept not being a part of it in addition to being third choice and only called on if Aguero and Jesus get injured. What you want is just ridiculously unrealistic.

That United team played 2 up top hence the reason they had four strikers, we do not play that way. The best chance of having another striker option is if we have a wide player who can play upfront and sadly its unlikely he will be a targetman either. Alternatively a young kid or player seeong his time out not a player like Dzeko at the top of his game.

At the moment we have about four choices:Aguero/Jesus/Sterling and Silva as a false nine.
Dzeko now looks genuine world class and he was tremendous for us with his habit of scoring vital goals. I do recall that when he and Sergio played together they often chased the same ball and got in each other's way though. Sergio always was, and still is, the main man. Dzeko needs to be the main man to get the best out of him - he's not happy as support striker or sub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.