Huddersfield (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Pep will go full strength but would like to see two of Silva, De Bruyne ,Sane, Sterling starting with the other two coming off the bench. The first game showed without any of them starting we showed lack of creativity, also maybe a start for Iheanacho. Either way can't see passed a city win 3-1

I don't get all this crap about put out a weakened side and safe your best for other games.
With that attitude Ushited would never have won the treble. Play your strongest 11 out every match.
A win does wonders for confidence as witnessed by them lot over us in the League Cup and the run they have been on since.
If a player gets injured or too tired to play, replace him.
That is why we have a squad

We will have a lot of games in the next 2 months so some rotation is important, its just getting the right combination of a team that can win this tie whilst not overplaying some key players. I would leave out Ferna, KDB and Silva but everyone else from a regular starting XI I would use, and maybe controversially, I'd be definitely starting Aguero, when he gets in a groove we all know how amazing he is, the last thing we need to do after a stellar performance last time out is to leave him out. Keep playing him and I expect him to go on a golden run.

We will have a lot of games in the next 2 months so some rotation is important, its just getting the right combination of a team that can win this tie whilst not overplaying some key players. I would leave out Ferna, KDB and Silva but everyone else from a regular starting XI I would use, and maybe controversially, I'd be definitely starting Aguero, when he gets in a groove we all know how amazing he is, the last thing we need to do after a stellar performance last time out is to leave him out. Keep playing him and I expect him to go on a golden run.
I would play one of Silva or De Bruyne, and II'd play Kelechi. We need to get him back to where he was. What if Auero gets injured whilst Jesus is out?

One of KDB or Silva and one of Sterling/Sane needs to play, I might risk Sergio as well, for the simple reason as the above poster mentioned, Serg tends to go on a hot streak once he finds that spark of a few goals

I would play one of Silva or De Bruyne, and II'd play Kelechi. We need to get him back to where he was. What if Auero gets injured whilst Jesus is out?

Yeah I understand, but players get injured training, you can't protect them absolutely from injury. Its a tough call I agree

Some rotation is important, but I think we'll see much less than in the first leg. With that in mind, I'd look at something like this:
Bravo
Zabaleta Toisin Kolarov Clichy
Garcia Fernando
Sterling KDB Sane
Kelechi

Much of the squad players are rotatable, possibly with the exception of Kelechi who should get a chance tonight. IMO at least two of Sterling/KDB/Silva/Sane/Aguero need to play and we should be looking to put the game to bed early to avoid the "magic of the cup" bollocks and let some of our bigger names be taken off early in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.