Hughes and his status, from an "insider"

Ooh, the sky is falling again! Our best players are all going to leave...our managers rubbish...we should all PANIC...

When are the Hughes Out protests at coms...? I'll be there with my placard, don't you worry...

Oh, and keep banging those drums....

well i see whoever started these rumours again has been succesfull

8-9 pages of people either slagging off elano, Mh or Gary Cook.....all due to completely unsubstantiated rumour. Now all it needs is one or two people who believe these rumours to be facts to go to either the cup game away on thrusday or the the wba game and mention it to a couple of other people and then the crowd will be uneasy, on players backs everytime they make a mistake or booing MH....

WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!

simon23 said:

8-9 pages of people either slagging off elano, Mh or Gary Cook.....all due to completely unsubstantiated rumour. Now all it needs is one or two people who believe these rumours to be facts to go to either the cup game away on thrusday or the the wba game and mention it to a couple of other people and then the crowd will be uneasy, on players backs everytime they make a mistake or booing MH....

WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!

If it's that easily done, why the hell can't we get any new songs off the ground?

I started the thread and am not apologising.

I gave as much info as I could about where it came from and a caviat that it was all second hand stuff and at best a tenous rumour.

But (with a few exceptions) it has started some good debate about Hughes's people management skills and Elano's worth to the team.

Oh and Simon, your comment about this thread making the crowd uneasy is laughable. The crowd get uneasy when we play badly. End of story. Not because of a thread on the bloody internet.

johnny on the spot said:
simon23 said:

WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!

If it's that easily done, why the hell can't we get any new songs off the ground?

cause the fans are to busy complaining and moaning and talking about rumours such as these instead of supporting the team...!!!!!!!!

Didsbury Dave said:
I started the thread and am not apologising.

I gave as much info as I could about where it came from and a caviat that it was all second hand stuff and at best a tenous rumour.

But (with a few exceptions) it has started some good debate about Hughes's people management skills and Elano's worth to the team.

or it started another debate and gave people with an agenda against MH another opportunity to air the same views and hopefully turn more people against him/elano/garry cook.

again well done!

i expect to see the placards out at the next home game

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Something noone has mentioned here is that this could well have an impact on our prize asset, Robinho.

It was noticable at one of the games earlier in the season, when Robinho scored he ran straight to the bench and hugged Elano.

Could he decide to bugger off?

It's a concern, he has also spoken out in the press expressing his surprise that Elano isnt playing more (didn't get punished for that for some reason).

If it comes down to an Elano or Hughes decision I regretfully think you have to back the manager, but if it came down to a Robinho or Hughes decision I can see no option but to get rid of Hughes. Robinho is too important to us as a symbol of a club that can sign, and accomodate the very top players in the game. If he goes after a year it will send a stark message to every other top player in the world that City is a club that can't accomodate the stars of the game.

I disagree Moomba , no manager can be held to ransom over one player not even if he is the worlds best.

In Hughes case he will be replaced if the results do not imrove anyway but he shouldn't go because Robinho doesn't like the way Elano is being treated at the club FFS.

He may of been disciplined for his comments about Elano in some way anyway and I don't think Hughes is too concerned about either comment that was made and quite frankly neither am I for what it is worth.

Would Whiskynose resign or be sacked if Ronaldo try to hold him to ransom?

Would Wneger resign over Gallas?

I only want Robinho if he wants to be part of a successful club and does his best week in week out to maximise our chances of winning.

So far he is great when things are going well for the club on matchday but goes walkabout when we struggle so of late he is going walkabout more often than not , a very worrying sign for me already.

Not sure yet whether he has the mettle for the physicality of the premiership and is possibly more suited to the Spanish or Italian Leagues like a lot of Brasilians.

Give me a champion team over a team of champions anyday.

Billy shears has woken up, he thinks agent les should stay, ask him.

Changing the subject, Vassell might start on sunday, that should lead to some angry exchanges, particulary as we will already be in a relegation place.

On a brighter note, gary cook states there's no need to panic, thank f for that.

Rest easy tonight.

mancity1 said:
If the side does not get the results over the next few games that it should get then only one course of action can happen and along with Hughes , Garry Cook should be replaced as well or step aside because Hughes was his choice and lets face it although we knew Sven was out the door for sometime once it became official , Cook wasted no time in getting the services of Hughes.

In fairness to Cook when he arrived Frank was still dicking around trying to get Scolari (yeah right Frank) which I guess Cook knew was a non-starter plus he may have sussed that money was tight so getting Hughes in at that time was not a bad move and getting him in quickly also made sense.

Cook can cite all of this if and when he decides that politically its the time to cut Hughes loose and save himself. Whether it works or not who knows but for the moment their joint fate is in the hands of Hughes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.