Hughes and his status, from an "insider"

FRAN THE ARAB said:
well if that's the case, these people should behave like adults then.

Yes, I agree. Hughes should be more mature in his dealings with his players.

Like I said, no problem with giving Elano a bollocking if he has misbehaved. But theres a right way and a wrong way to do it.

moomba said:
FRAN THE ARAB said:

Like I said, no problem with giving Elano a bollocking if he has misbehaved. But theres a right way and a wrong way to do it.
well said moomba

Perhaps, but it's the degree of the offence and how long it's been going on, and we don't really know what, if anything, Hughes said to Ribena after his off-the-cuff interview (which I did see, twice). We also don't really know how long Elano was outside the headmasters study. I'll take the time with a pinch. More than that, what we have here (as with the phone call, and a few other things) is the old 5th column routine / blokes who claim to be on the inside who stab Hughes not in the back, but in the front whilst smiling. If I could track them down I would, and fire them on the spot: not because I love Hughes, but there's a chain of command and what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas.

moomba said:
FRAN THE ARAB said:

it's not hughes who walk's straight down tunnells when he his brought off. sulks when he can't take a free kick or penalty is it.elano's a cocky twat.

Does anyone remember a rumour the day Elano signed that he'd spat his dummy out straight away because he wanted the number 11 shirt that was already Vassell's?

Didn't take much notice at the time but did hope we hadn't signed a disruptive influence. Then the next game it came out that Elano had been given the number 11 shirt.

Don't know how true it was at the time but his actions since would suggest he is a prima donna. He's a very talented player, but not nearly as good or influential as he thinks he is. It will be no great loss for him to go in January and would probably remove some of the atmosphere in dressing room as well.

Dubai Blue said:
City Raider said:
Absolutely spot on, and he started it when he first arrived with McGrath and Whiteside - they were top players, but bad for the dressing room - gone. In an instant, players know they can't fuck with the guy.
That's my point in the post above though. Hughes hasn't done that. He's just antagonised the situation. If Elano IS being a dick, he should be swiftly removed from the first-team squad and sold ASAP, not bollocked in front of everyone and allowed to stick around with a festering dislike for the manager.

Hughes needs to deal with it or draw a line under it. It seems he's stuck himself in the middle.

Not really. With our midfield options paper thin and further reduced by injury to some key players, don't think Hughes could afford to just deep freeze Elano and he can't ship him out until Jan. His options with regard to the player are limited. Seems to me like he's given Elano a chance to re-establish his credentials, but, on the field at least, the player don't seem too interested. Come Jan, he's gone.

Kinkys Blue Socks said:
Does anyone remember a rumour the day Elano signed that he'd spat his dummy out straight away because he wanted the number 11 shirt that was already Vassell's?

Didn't take much notice at the time but did hope we hadn't signed a disruptive influence. Then the next game it came out that Elano had been given the number 11 shirt.

Don't know how true it was at the time but his actions since would suggest he is a prima donna. He's a very talented player, but not nearly as good or influential as he thinks he is. It will be no great loss for him to go in January and would probably remove some of the atmosphere in dressing room as well.

He's got a rat-face, and a face I'd love to slap no matter how good he may be (he isn't anyway).

Brucie Bonus said:
Kinkys Blue Socks said:

He's got a rat-face, and a face I'd love to slap no matter how good he may be (he isn't anyway).
hahahahar he's got a rat-face

FRAN THE ARAB said:
it's not hughes who walk's straight down tunnells when he his brought off. sulks when he can't take a free kick or penalty is it.elano's a cocky twat.

One of several hundred cocky twats in the premier league, and several thousand in top level football. If Hughes can't effectively manage that sort of person he has no future in the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.