Hughes and his status, from an "insider"

nickson71 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
i did, think he said the young players were scared of him and the seasoned pros didnt want to play for him

I heard that too but it didn't sink into much

two things....

Firstly, yes I heard that caller. It was the callers mate that told hom this and the callers mate works as part of the City training staff.

Secondly, hughes was correct to do what he did to Elano, leaving the maing him wait for an hour or two aside. the trouble is he did not do the same for Robinho who if anything was undermining Hughes even more than Eklano. Elanos was a personal issue, Robinho's was more about the fact that the team did not have a winning mentality... where do you genuinely believe Robinho would see that coming from....

Hughes should have been consistent, failure to be consistent means people will now see him as having pets... even if some of those pets dont want to be pets!

C_T_I_D said:
It comes down to mutual respect though Moomba. If you were messing around in training and undermining the manager, then surely you'd accept that you are going to get punished and the mind games of making him wait and wonder the consequences of his actions are quite clever really. It puts him in his place automatically without a word being spoken.

If I got bollocked for doing something wrong it wouldn't bother me. If Elano was messing around I'd have no problems with him being taken into Hughes office and told in no uncertain terms to stop it. I'd even have no problems if he was drummed out of the club if it didn't stop.

If I got humiliated in front of colleagues, and then made to sit outside the headmasters office I'd lose all respect for the person that did it. And if it is true I'd not be surprised if Elano, Robinho, Jo especially and a number of other players have lost respect for Hughes. It's not the way to treat adults.

C_T_I_D said:
It comes down to mutual respect though Moomba. If you were messing around in training and undermining the manager, then surely you'd accept that you are going to get punished and the mind games of making him wait and wonder the consequences of his actions are quite clever really. It puts him in his place automatically without a word being spoken.

If true its very childish to say the least and if I was bankrolling the club I would expect a very good reason why it will never happen again otherwise both parties should be given their marching orders.

If Hughes management style is effecting the players on match day adversely then he should be smart enough to change it or the players should be smart enough to approach him both individually and collectively to reach common ground and move forward.

In truth I suspect very little of it has occurred but if some of the players are treating training like a playground when thet were infants and Hughes is responding in kind its time to get rid of all offending parties and get someone like Capello in who can and has a proven track record of changing a losing mentality into a winning mentality.

bluemooninho said:
City Raider said:
Absolutely spot on, and he started it when he first arrived with McGrath and Whiteside - they were top players, but bad for the dressing room - gone. In an instant, players know they can't fuck with the guy.

Don't you think this is exactly what Hughes is doing? He hasn't had a chance to get rid of him yet?

I wasn't having a pop at Hughes, just saying what baconface did. I hope he does get rid in Jan.

moomba said:
C_T_I_D said:

If I got bollocked for doing something wrong it wouldn't bother me. If Elano was messing around I'd have no problems with him being taken into Hughes office and told in no uncertain terms to stop it. I'd even have no problems if he was drummed out of the club if it didn't stop.

If I got humiliated in front of colleagues, and then made to sit outside the headmasters office I'd lose all respect for the person that did it. And if it is true I'd not be surprised if Elano, Robinho, Jo especially and a number of other players have lost respect for Hughes. It's not the way to treat adults.
well if that's the case, these people should behave like adults then.

quiet_riot said:
More proof that Hughes is a bellend.

why ???? cos he wants some order in the camp you cant have players prickin about in trg
and takin the piss out of you if you let that happen then you are in the shit
if you let them do that in trg they will do it in matches .

moomba said:
C_T_I_D said:

But pissing around and mimicking the manager is behaving like an adult?

He has to make an example of him. elano was untouchable under Sven. That is not the case here and he is clearly spitting his dummy out.

My stance on Hughes is clear but I think he needed to take this action. He is after all in charge. Not Elano.

The sooner we ship Elano out the better it will be for the team as a whole IMO. He hasn't got the balls for the physical demands of the prem and he obviously isn't happy with the way Hughes does things so he can fuck off. He looks good when we've got it easy (portsmouth/early last season) but when the shit hits the fan and we need players to count on he goes missing (Wigan away he was an absolute disgrace and he's been absent for a long time overall). He's a spineless twat. Get him out and let's build a proper team who are prepared to work hard for each other and get a good team spirit goin

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.