Hughes and his status, from an "insider"

We all feel passionately about our club. We all want it to do well. We are all worried with the current form. We all have a right to express our opinions. But here we have a rumour abour Hughes and another about Elano. Wouldn't it be much better if instead of jumping at each other throats for blaming/supporting Elano or Hughes (in almost every thread these days), we all start to think together about what is best for MCFC. We all have a common goal and some differencies in opinion of how to reach it. That is no reason for the current influx of millions of over dramatic knee jerk reactions of a spoilt fat kid that had received only 5 bags of crisps instead of 6 for his in-between meal snack. Some of the recent threads are just painful to read. Lets put our faith in the club. The manager, chairman, owner, players, groundsman, tea lady etc. they all want the club to do well. They don't want to fail. Yes there are problems but we will overcome them. I was crying 5min before the end of 'recent' game at Wembley thinking can the world can't get any worse. Now look at us!! Richest club in the world. FFS. Lets get some fucking optimism going. The manager and the players will feel it. We were nowhere to be heard against Everton. If this forum is a micro version of COMS opinions then we need get ourselvers into order. CTID.

The Fat el Hombre said:
moomba said:
One of several hundred cocky twats in the premier league, and several thousand in top level football. If Hughes can't effectively manage that sort of person he has no future in the game.

If Hughes is prepared to let an underperforming cocky twat like Elano undermine him then he has not future in the game

Absolutely, not looking good for Hughes now is it.

FWIW, I don't think anyone is saying Hughes should let anyone undermine him.

Another good post amongst several on this thread.

It is interesting you should mention Pearce, because many, including me, believe that the decision to sack him was taken long before the end of the season, but it was decided that we were more likely to stay up without the mid-season change.

Could this be a similar scenario? Because our choice of manager will be significantly greater in summer. I am sure our owners will only want the best. At the moment they would be looking at the likes of Avram Grant and Allardice. Nowhere near good enough.

scorer said:
Any chance Hughes will get the Blackburn job and take Elano with him?

Why get the apprentice when you can get Graeme Souness, the man who wrote Hughes' book on player relationships.

moomba said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
If Hughes is prepared to let an underperforming cocky twat like Elano undermine him then he has not future in the game

Absolutely, not looking good for Hughes now is it.

Why not? He can ship Elano out in jan and the problem is sovled?

Didsbury Dave said:
Another good post amongst several on this thread.

It is interesting you should mention Pearce, because many, including me, believe that the decision to sack him was taken long before the end of the season, but it was decided that we were more likely to stay up without the mid-season change.

Could this be a similar scenario? Because our choice of manager will be significantly greater in summer. I am sure our owners will only want the best. At the moment they would be looking at the likes of Avram Grant and Allardice. Nowhere near good enough.

I agree with SGE and Pearce they where "fired" before the end of the season but carried on, however this is a case where we are not even at the transfer window and we have a large sum of money to spend. If the owners feel that Hughes is not the right man you either fire him now, let him spend the money and hope the new guy will like the additions or...... withhold the money until the summer and a new man can come in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.