Hughes and his status, from an "insider"

Elano is a great player on his day, but a poor player when it isn't.

Hughes is on a bad run, but needs time, because I have yet to see a a manager go to a club outside the top four and be an instant hit.

Cook speaks many many words but says very little.

My 2 pence, feel free to slag it, I couldn't give a fuck.

simon23 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I started the thread and am not apologising.

I gave as much info as I could about where it came from and a caviat that it was all second hand stuff and at best a tenous rumour.

But (with a few exceptions) it has started some good debate about Hughes's people management skills and Elano's worth to the team.

or it started another debate and gave people with an agenda against MH another opportunity to air the same views and hopefully turn more people against him/elano/garry cook.

again well done!

i expect to see the placards out at the next home game

Another tubthumper surfaces

2784649907-soccer-barclays-premier-league-middlesbrough-v-fulham-riverside-stadium.jpg

I am still up in the air with Hughes, whether this actually happened or not. If he called Elano out in front of the team, and made him sit outside, then yeah, it was a bit classless. However, if what we are led to believe about Elano is true, with the clowning and the prima donna attitude, then maybe it is what the boy needed, to be knocked down a peg or six. There is no doubt that he is a talented player, but he is as immature as he is talented, and sometimes people need that "come to jesus" speech to make them realize that they need to get their head out of their ass and get on with it.

We need to remember that Hughes has not had a great deal of time to exert his influence or playing style on the team, and has not had the chance to build the team the way he wants it. He got a late start due to the Sven/ Frank saga, has managed to land some talented and influential players that have played well for us (Zab, SWP, VK), and has had to deal with trying to discipline a squad that had very little discipline last season. He has also had to do this while adapting his preferred playing style to what the team is best at.

I am very disappointed with the way things have gone so far this season in the league, but the last thing we need is another switch at the top.

Bluemoon115 said:

Hughes is on a bad run, but needs time, because I have yet to see a a manager go to a club outside the top four and be an instant hit.

Is that fence hurting your arse, mate?

Bluemoon115 said:

At what point does 'bad run' turn into bad season and 'Time' at what point do you draw the line a say 'enough is enough'
i agree with the Cook comments though he just waffles

cyberblue said:
Bluemoon115 said:

At what point does 'bad run' turn into bad season and 'Time' at what point do you draw the line a say 'enough is enough'

I'll say mid-January (Which given that thats halfway through the window, is awkward, but let me explain why). If we don't have any improvement in the next few games, then get rid and get a new man. It's fine to say that were down at the bottom, but Martin O'Neil finished either 1 or 2 places above us in his first season, and that was the season we hardly scored at home, and if we get a few wins we will be back up there. However, like I said, if in January we are flirting with or actually in a relegation spot, then it will be for a change, as it becomes even more difficult to escape from then onwards.

BobKowalski said:
mancity1 said:
If the side does not get the results over the next few games that it should get then only one course of action can happen and along with Hughes , Garry Cook should be replaced as well or step aside because Hughes was his choice and lets face it although we knew Sven was out the door for sometime once it became official , Cook wasted no time in getting the services of Hughes.

In fairness to Cook when he arrived Frank was still dicking around trying to get Scolari (yeah right Frank) which I guess Cook knew was a non-starter plus he may have sussed that money was tight so getting Hughes in at that time was not a bad move and getting him in quickly also made sense.

Cook can cite all of this if and when he decides that politically its the time to cut Hughes loose and save himself. Whether it works or not who knows but for the moment their joint fate is in the hands of Hughes.

I agree Bob and although I have little knowlege of Cooks business acumen or management style I would suggest he would go if Hughes went much earlier than most of us expected largely due to poor on field performance.

If Hughes does turn things around and lets not kid ourselves he knows he has to and quickly to stay in the post and stays on for sometime notwithstanding Cooks own position in life it will be much easier for Cook to stay on if Hughes becomes successful and moves onto a " bigger post " or whatever.

Didsbury Dave said:
simon23 said:
or it started another debate and gave people with an agenda against MH another opportunity to air the same views and hopefully turn more people against him/elano/garry cook.

again well done!

i expect to see the placards out at the next home game

Another tubthumper surfaces

2784649907-soccer-barclays-premier-league-middlesbrough-v-fulham-riverside-stadium.jpg

completely wrong.

i dont ever wear a silly hat or a flagaround my neck!!!!!

if a manger deserves criticism then fair enough....and MH does as he has made mistakes. But to sack him after so little timeand without giving him a chance to settle in and sort things out the way he wants to is ridiculous.

i cannt understand the lack of patience and what is really annoying is that there are clearly some fans who never wanted him to succeed in the first place and are therefore determined to undermine him.

if at the end of the season we are relegated or we are in the bottom section then fine....sack him......but lets get to february/early march at least.

Bluemoon115 said:
cyberblue said:

I'll say mid-January (Which given that thats halfway through the window, is awkward, but let me explain why). If we don't have any improvement in the next few games, then get rid and get a new man. It's fine to say that were down at the bottom, but Martin O'Neil finished either 1 or 2 places above us in his first season, and that was the season we hardly scored at home, and if we get a few wins we will be back up there. However, like I said, if in January we are flirting with or actually in a relegation spot, then it will be for a change, as it becomes even more difficult to escape from then onwards.

This is a myth. O'neil finished 11th in his first season. He took a team that finished 16th upwards. the O'neil comparison is not a good one because he actually improved them. has Hughes improved us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.