Hughes going RUMOURS! [Merged]

Re: goat the legend - Hughes going soon.... [Merged]

why were the offending players not suspended and there places filled from the reserves for the forrest game

Elanos_Right_Boot said:
Not before time. The deafening sound of silence is too much for me to take anyway so hopefully this going to come to a resolution very soon. I have had enough of his rubbish comments after the match and definately sick of him blaming the players. The criminal bit for me is bailing out the FA Cup even more tamely than at Brighton which was already inexcusable. Playing one up front against a woeful Forest team , short on confidence and expecting a hammering, deserves the boot. When will all City fans realise that he is actually; clueless, 'blameless', inept, divisive and a poor judge of backroom support. He had the chance to start from scratch but brings his failed cronies from Blackburn with him. Stop me if i'm wrong but they've won precisely....nothing as a management team.

That appears to be the biggest difference from last year. Our 'star' players have little or no confidence in either his team's coaching methods or leadership. He has nearly £200million of talent yet wants a new team? It's a bad worker who blames his tools and is exactly the way to get a very negative respponse from most of the squad

I've no time for sentiment though and if our players are slacking then some of them can go as well. At the moment though I see the biggest problem as being the management. Hughes came into the club with a clear mandate to instill discipline and keep us in the top half of the league. So far he's failed on both counts. On top of that we are now in a different stratosphere in terms of wealth and expectation. Square peg in a round hole. Should he have more time? For me, no. Unless the Special One is already lined up and waiting till May to take over, but even then that might be contingent on being in the Premiership which is in peril right now. The real trouble though is the fallout; with the fans divided, the players underperforming or worse, future players looking only at success, confidence rapidly disappearing and the press having a field day at our expense. In short, Hughes is now our biggest liability and for that alone he should go.

Excellent post.

rastus said:
Elanos_Right_Boot said:
Not before time. The deafening sound of silence is too much for me to take anyway so hopefully this going to come to a resolution very soon. I have had enough of his rubbish comments after the match and definately sick of him blaming the players. The criminal bit for me is bailing out the FA Cup even more tamely than at Brighton which was already inexcusable. Playing one up front against a woeful Forest team , short on confidence and expecting a hammering, deserves the boot. When will all City fans realise that he is actually; clueless, 'blameless', inept, divisive and a poor judge of backroom support. He had the chance to start from scratch but brings his failed cronies from Blackburn with him. Stop me if i'm wrong but they've won precisely....nothing as a management team.

That appears to be the biggest difference from last year. Our 'star' players have little or no confidence in either his team's coaching methods or leadership. He has nearly £200million of talent yet wants a new team? It's a bad worker who blames his tools and is exactly the way to get a very negative respponse from most of the squad

I've no time for sentiment though and if our players are slacking then some of them can go as well. At the moment though I see the biggest problem as being the management. Hughes came into the club with a clear mandate to instill discipline and keep us in the top half of the league. So far he's failed on both counts. On top of that we are now in a different stratosphere in terms of wealth and expectation. Square peg in a round hole. Should he have more time? For me, no. Unless the Special One is already lined up and waiting till May to take over, but even then that might be contingent on being in the Premiership which is in peril right now. The real trouble though is the fallout; with the fans divided, the players underperforming or worse, future players looking only at success, confidence rapidly disappearing and the press having a field day at our expense. In short, Hughes is now our biggest liability and for that alone he should go.

Excellent post.

Seconded.

mancmackem said:
Bluemoon115 said:

£10 has been put on the market since i posted last, on a £4k market, so the odds will be up and down like a brides nightie, especially with no lays. If they started to tumble on a £100k/200k market then i'd think more into it. I think the bookmakers suspending bets on the market is more of a teller though, so may be something in it.
Didn't they suspend the market on Toure being our first signing?

They will suspend markets if they have a rush of bets to cover their liabilities and also investigate the book as information comes in. Can also suspend it if they are certain an event will occur and the level of bets or bet regularity gets higher and higher. Bookies do have their own sources.

I forgot to add that his comment about the squad [being too thin to fight on all fronts] was unbelievable. Which front are we fighting on? Only the Uefa Cup by the looks of it. The league, top four and top six are all but lost, the League Cup we gave up on and the FA Cup played a negative 4-5-1 and his team din't play for him or us. You don't need to be a Brain of Britain to do the sums and work out that the League Cup would have taken us some 7/8 games to win, the FA Cup 6 matches minimum but the Uefa Cup 19 matches!!!! As a coach wantin to make an immediate impact with the fans and management i know where my priority would have been. If he doesn't go very soon I sincerely hope he does before any lasting damage is done

Elanos_Right_Boot said:
I forgot to add that his comment about the squad [being too thin to fight on all fronts] was unbelievable. Which front are we fighting on? Only the Uefa Cup by the looks of it. The league, top four and top six are all but lost, the League Cup we gave up on and the FA Cup played a negative 4-5-1 and his team din't play for him or us. You don't need to be a Brain of Britain to do the sums and work out that the League Cup would have taken us some 7/8 games to win, the FA Cup 6 matches minimum but the Uefa Cup 19 matches!!!! As a coach wantin to make an immediate impact with the fans and management i know where my priority would have been. If he doesn't go very soon I sincerely hope he does before any lasting damage is done

Except we didn't prioritise, we played our strongest squad against Forest... anyone missing was due to injuries.

And if the bigger stars want European football then thats probably why we concentrated and done better in that competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.