Hughes going RUMOURS! [Merged]

Re: goat the legend - Hughes going soon.... [Merged]

Bluemoon115 said:

£10 has been put on the market since i posted last, on a £4k market, so the odds will be up and down like a brides nightie, especially with no lays. If they started to tumble on a £100k/200k market then i'd think more into it. I think the bookmakers suspending bets on the market is more of a teller though, so may be something in it.

Yep, only betfair are offering at evens atm. Something's up.
<a class="postlink" href="http://bettingzone.oddschecker.com/football/english/barclays-premiership/next-manager-to-leave-post/bet-history/mark-hughes/today" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bettingzone.oddschecker.com/foot ... ghes/today</a>
Edit: Now 24/23.

Superhands said:
bluemoon32 said:
If the players win by getting rid of Hughes then good luck to the next manager, he won't stand a chance

yep thats slightly worrying too

though I would have 100% confidence in the special one sorting it out

That is my biggest concern. They went on strike last season because they were mad at Frank (over Sven, and Frank's opinion of them leaked to the press, and his investigations of them), and they've done it again because they don't like Hughes. Everyone of the players, no matter who they are, and no matter the degree of remorse they may now show publicly, all of them involved in this go-slow need removing. Love Hughes or cannot stand him, it should not make a difference what you think.

I wonder if all those who were involved have actually been identified, are known? Dunne's name was mentioned as being in it, then he comes out with a statement backing Hughes. What is the truth about him? His performance this season has been beyond belief. Is his confidence shot? Has he been adversely affected by what is going on? Once the crap leaves, will he bounce back? Or is he in it? I have no idea. Whether it's Dunne, or Richards or Hart or Sweep or anyone, my trust in the players has taken a hammering. It's one thing to be pissed off at a manager, it's another thing to engage in sedition and wrecking. The club has got to get rid of whoever is responsible and make it clear that none remain who are guilty. It isn't just about the next manager, it's also about the players coming in, and those who, regardless of their opinion about Hughes know there is a chain of command, that certain things are above their pay-grade, and they know where the line is.

Brucie Bonus said:
Superhands said:

That is my biggest concern. They went on strike last season because they were mad at Frank (over Sven, and Frank's opinion of them leaked to the press, and his investigations of them), and they've done it again because they don't like Hughes. Everyone of the players, no matter who they are, and no matter the degree of remorse they may now show publicly, all of them involved in this go-slow need removing. Love Hughes or cannot stand him, it should not make a difference what you think.

I wonder if all those who were involved have actually been identified, are known? Dunne's name was mentioned as being in it, then he comes out with a statement backing Hughes. What is the truth about him? His performance this season has been beyond belief. Is his confidence shot? Has he been adversely affected by what is going on? Once the crap leaves, will he bounce back? Or is he in it? I have no idea. Whether it's Dunne, or Richards or Hart or Sweep or anyone, my trust in the players has taken a hammering. It's one thing to be pissed off at a manager, it's another thing to engage in sedition and wrecking. The club has got to get rid of whoever is responsible and make it clear that none remain who are guilty. It isn't just about the next manager, it's also about the players coming in, and those who, regardless of their opinion about Hughes know there is a chain of command, that certain things are above their pay-grade, and they know where the line is.

The shocking thing is that Robinho is one of the players who you can tell is 100% behind Hughes.

Bluemoon115 said:
Brucie Bonus said:

The shocking thing is that Robinho is one of the players who you can tell is 100% behind Hughes.

i'd be more worried if rob was in the pack that wants hughes sacked

Brucie Bonus said:
Superhands said:

Its about managing a side to get the best out of them, bullshit them, cajole them, then get shut.
You manipulate the environment to get the best you can untill you can change

Not before time. The deafening sound of silence is too much for me to take anyway so hopefully this going to come to a resolution very soon. I have had enough of his rubbish comments after the match and definately sick of him blaming the players. The criminal bit for me is bailing out the FA Cup even more tamely than at Brighton which was already inexcusable. Playing one up front against a woeful Forest team , short on confidence and expecting a hammering, deserves the boot. When will all City fans realise that he is actually; clueless, 'blameless', inept, divisive and a poor judge of backroom support. He had the chance to start from scratch but brings his failed cronies from Blackburn with him. Stop me if i'm wrong but they've won precisely....nothing as a management team.

That appears to be the biggest difference from last year. Our 'star' players have little or no confidence in either his team's coaching methods or leadership. He has nearly £200million of talent yet wants a new team? It's a bad worker who blames his tools and is exactly the way to get a very negative respponse from most of the squad

I've no time for sentiment though and if our players are slacking then some of them can go as well. At the moment though I see the biggest problem as being the management. Hughes came into the club with a clear mandate to instill discipline and keep us in the top half of the league. So far he's failed on both counts. On top of that we are now in a different stratosphere in terms of wealth and expectation. Square peg in a round hole. Should he have more time? For me, no. Unless the Special One is already lined up and waiting till May to take over, but even then that might be contingent on being in the Premiership which is in peril right now. The real trouble though is the fallout; with the fans divided, the players underperforming or worse, future players looking only at success, confidence rapidly disappearing and the press having a field day at our expense. In short, Hughes is now our biggest liability and for that alone he should go.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100933" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/vi ... 1&t=100933</a>
A complete utter pile of garbage.

Bluemoon115 said:
Brucie Bonus said:

can we really tell that ?

he's not one of the rebels, but then he's the team's star player and all the rebs are first XI outcasts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.