Hughes - I AM A BIG NAME [Merged]

celf

Team supported
MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_5262360,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 60,00.html</a>

The more i read and comments from the guys who went to the forum about Mark Hughes,the more im impressed about our City boss,the noises coming out of the club from the players as well speak volumes for him!!!

Re: Our Manager

oh so lets change again for the sake of it hey!! and b shit and a laffing stock for another 33 yrs,God i dispare at some of us City fans,know wonder weve been shit for so long with fans like you!!!

"One of the things I realised when I came here was that there were not enough things in place to enable this club to be successful in the future.

"I'm honest enough to admit that it has taken longer than I expected to change that. We are trying to get the message out that, unlike other clubs, we are starting from the ground level. Maybe people don't want to hear that, though, because it's easier to put pressure on our situation if those things aren't highlighted."

What I want to know, is have we got underwater treadmills yet??? it's a disgrace (:-)

hughes is our man! give him till next year. i was a doubter but we play the most attractive football at times, and just think. if we finish 7th this year. its out best ever top division finish in our history, so dont question him yet. i think some city fans expect us to win the treble next year, you all need to open your eyes and realise money does not change things over night!

banbury_blue said:
Will we ever be happy?

unlikely - if we did change manager there will allways be someone complaining about it ....... you can see that when ever a new manager is mentioned .......Jose = boring football, Is Mancini a big name manger etc

I'd be more than happy if he was given another season.

I dont think it is some city fans make up to be happy and i swear some of them want us to be bad as theyd have nothing to complain about if we werent.

My uncle is a prime example of this, if we finish 7th he will complain about if our away record was better we could have finished 6th, when we scored six against portsmouth if we had a better striker, he just loves to complain and he will always find something about city to complain about just think its about people some people are optimists some are pessimists and city just seem to be able to attract a bigger share of pessimists than optimists

HUGHES - I AM A BIG NAME

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5262360,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 60,00.html</a>

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes insists he is a big enough name to guide the club to where they want to be.

Hughes was already at City when Abu Dhabi United Group took charge at Eastlands with the promise of transforming the club into one of Europe's elite.

Speculation has been rife since they took charge that they would be looking to replace Hughes, in favour of a more high-profile coach.

But some eight months on, Hughes remains at the helm and he insists he has a big enough 'profile' to suit the club.

"Maybe my profile in Europe is a bit bigger than some people might suggest," he told the Daily Telegraph.

"Three of the clubs I played for are in the Champions League semi-finals, so I think that underlines my credentials in terms of working with the best players at the biggest clubs.

"We want to bring in stars that will get everybody excited, but there are still elements of the squad that need strengthening.

"We have seen improved results since we added to the squad in January and we are hopeful of acquiring the players we want in the summer. If we succeed, then with the gains we have made this year, we will be much stronger."

No risk
He insists that the club's hierarchy have never intimated to him that his job is at risk.

"I have had no indication that I won't be here next season, but why shouldn't I be?" Hughes said.

"I'll be really disappointed if I am not, simply because of what we have gone through and the things we have had to face before coming through the other side.

"They [Abu Dhabi] have told me to get on with the job and that's what I'll be doing.

"My dealings with Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon are very amicable, but ever since I came through the door, I have been consistent in my message that it is going to take a long time to be where we want to be."

Hughes insists that he has done a lot of hard work behind the scenes and he wants to see the results of what he has already put in place.

"We have done the pain this season, now we want to see the fruits of our labour," he said.

"We have come a hell of a long way in a short period of time and that stimulates us because we have done a decent job here and it is nowhere near finished.

"The turnover of managers here hasn't helped continuity, because they have never had any. Basically, change is expected here. Change for the sake of change.

"One of the things I realised when I came here was that there were not enough things in place to enable this club to be successful in the future.

"I'm honest enough to admit that it has taken longer than I expected to change that. We are trying to get the message out that, unlike other clubs, we are starting from the ground level. Maybe people don't want to hear that, though, because it's easier to put pressure on our situation if those things aren't highlighted."

I agree, i do think he is a reasonably big name in european football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.