Hughes is Safe! Official!

To me it comes down to us winning twice away from home all season, losing games that we were comfortable ahead in (Liverpool) and losing against a few teams that were bottom of the table at the time. I don't care if we have played some good stuff, we've not got results for it.

The other thing is that if you can afford the best then you get the best and that is not Mark Hughes in my opinion. We can afford the best in the business tenfold. Too many people have been left behind in the past with both events having gone on and expectations remaining the same.

I'm not saying success should be here and now, but we shouldn't just settle for mid-table dog shite after he spent £100,000,000 and plays more or less his own players every game. I can just really see our current manager holding us back both in terms of his tactical ability and his ability to change a game. I can see him going for transfer targets above what we can achieve and settling for comfort zone players when we could potentially go for some of the worlds best players. How do we know if we don't try? Yes we might get knocked back, but we might not aswell!

The owners have gave him a full season. They can simply say that he has not matched their expectations for the season, thank Mr Hughes for all his work in his time at the club, he can go out with a big pay off and we can get a world class coach as a replacement. Why should that not happen and why should we be criticised for doing so?

C_T_I_D said:
To me it comes down to us winning twice away from home all season, losing games that we were comfortable ahead in (Liverpool) and losing against a few teams that were bottom of the table at the time. I don't care if we have played some good stuff, we've not got results for it.

The other thing is that if you can afford the best then you get the best and that is not Mark Hughes in my opinion. We can afford the best in the business tenfold. Too many people have been left behind in the past with both events having gone on and expectations remaining the same.

I'm not saying success should be here and now, but we shouldn't just settle for mid-table dog shite after he spent £100,000,000 and plays more or less his own players every game. I can just really see our current manager holding us back both in terms of his tactical ability and his ability to change a game. I can see him going for transfer targets above what we can achieve and settling for comfort zone players when we could potentially go for some of the worlds best players. How do we know if we don't try? Yes we might get knocked back, but we might not aswell!

The owners have gave him a full season. They can simply say that he has not matched their expectations for the season, thank Mr Hughes for all his work in his time at the club, he can go out with a big pay off and we can get a world class coach as a replacement. Why should that not happen and why should we be criticised for doing so?

It will, and we won't.

C_T_I_D said:

Your in trouble now CTID. All the hughes "inners" are going to be horrified at your suggestion. Hav'nt you heard todays buzzword????

I think they call it "stability"

Stability? That's all well and good if you have a manager of significent enough quality to lead a bit of continuity. But not only did he base his January transfer window on Santa Cruz, but when he did not get him he did not have a back up plan, and it's the same thing that happens when his tactics / game plan gets found out. He is a mid-table club manager and that is not our ambition is it? Our ambition is to be in the top four or top six and he has not delivered.

If you want Hughes to remain at the club, and this is open to anyone, give me five good reasons apart from stability and continuity because if you can't then that smacks of settling for a manager that isn't even second best is he? He shouldn't be on our scale anymore! If we have financial circumstances like ours then they should be utilised and we should flash our cash sufficiently enough to match the ambitions of the owners.

Mark cannot say he was not backed in the transfer market. He cannot say the owners prevented him from signing who he wanted. He was given a job to do by any means necessary and he has failed that task sensationally. Why should he stay? I mean really, if he's doing such a good job to an acceptable standard then why do so many people want him out and why do they outnumber those who want him in to the extent that they do?

I'm just looking for answers from the so called 'Hughes inners' cult.

C_T_I_D said:
Stability? That's all well and good if you have a manager of significent enough quality to lead a bit of continuity. But not only did he base his January transfer window on Santa Cruz, but when he did not get him he did not have a back up plan, and it's the same thing that happens when his tactics / game plan gets found out. He is a mid-table club manager and that is not our ambition is it? Our ambition is to be in the top four or top six and he has not delivered.

If you want Hughes to remain at the club, and this is open to anyone, give me five good reasons apart from stability and continuity because if you can't then that smacks of settling for a manager that isn't even second best is he? He shouldn't be on our scale anymore! If we have financial circumstances like ours then they should be utilised and we should flash our cash sufficiently enough to match the ambitions of the owners.

Mark cannot say he was not backed in the transfer market. He cannot say the owners prevented him from signing who he wanted. He was given a job to do by any means necessary and he has failed that task sensationally. Why should he stay? I mean really, if he's doing such a good job to an acceptable standard then why do so many people want him out and why do they outnumber those who want him in to the extent that they do?

I'm just looking for answers from the so called 'Hughes inners' cult.

Dont hold your breath because they cant give you one! Oh hold on..im sorry...stabilty!

Soulboy said:
Just been on GMR... Hughes stated that he has the backing of the owners and he will still be in charge next season... gulp.

Tolmie's Hairdoo, Rammy Blue and Zin Zimmer... what's the word!!!

Humble Pie or Watch this space!
Good news. Nice to see the owners hav patience and aren't acting like spoiled children because they're not getting what they want straight away.

Interesting to note the 'expectation' word now creeping in to the defenders of Hughes' domain.

My best mate and I discussed at length this notion of unrealistic expectations. We both agreed, as indeed with others we spoke to about it. Expectations were not unrealistic this season, certainly from the viewpoint of myself and others I've spoken to.

Here's what we thought at the start of the season:

1) Build on Sven's finish and maybe even finish top 6 or at least be there abouts - result: FAIL
2) Decent run in the League Cup (not necessarily winning it) - result: FAIL
3) Decent run in the FA CUP (not necessarily winning it) - result: FAIL
4) Decent run in the UEFA Cup (not necessarily winning it) - result: SUCCESS

So UEFA aside, it has been a disappointing season based on, what I feel, are pretty fair and realistic expectations.

If Hughes could have pulled that off, I'd be happy to give him a chance. However, I have been unable to see anything to give me hope that he will realistically get it right over time and that is why I would like to see him replaced.

I am surprised he has been given official backing, given the resources at the club's disposal now, a bid for a manager of the stature and with the record of Mourino etc would not be beyond the realms of possibility.

Prestwichpete, they may have patience and not be acting like spoilt children but sooner or later they will realise that they are shelling out top dollar for little in return and that will ensure Mark Hughes is relieved of his position as Manchester City manager.

For £100,000,000 we have seen little improvement on what he stated would be the fittest team in the premiership. Nice one Mark, pull the other one!

I am just unable to comprehend what people see in the current manager. He has done nothing for us. He has not improved us.

Eddie said:
Interesting to note the 'expectation' word now creeping in to the defenders of Hughes' domain.

My best mate and I discussed at length this notion of unrealistic expectations. We both agreed, as indeed with others we spoke to about it. Expectations were not unrealistic this season, certainly from the viewpoint of myself and others I've spoken to.

Here's what we thought at the start of the season:

1) Build on Sven's finish and maybe even finish top 6 or at least be there abouts - result: FAIL
2) Decent run in the League Cup (not necessarily winning it) - result: FAIL
3) Decent run in the FA CUP (not necessarily winning it) - result: FAIL
4) Decent run in the UEFA Cup (not necessarily winning it) - result: SUCCESS

So UEFA aside, it has been a disappointing season based on, what I feel, are pretty fair and realistic expectations.

If Hughes could have pulled that off, I'd be happy to give him a chance. However, I have been unable to see anything to give me hope that he will realistically get it right over time and that is why I would like to see him replaced.

I am surprised he has been given official backing, given the resources at the club's disposal now, a bid for a manager of the stature and with the record of Mourino etc would not be beyond the realms of possibility.

Quality post and I agree wholeheartedly.

Build on Sven's finish? Give me a break. The second half of the season was an abomination.
We got ONE round further on in the FA Cup last season, whoopy do, going out to Sheffield F*cking United and a couple of rounds further in a cup I don't give a toss about, against a Spurs team that just like Hughes today, the almighty Sven couldn't beat either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.