Hughes is Safe! Official!

moonies lovechild said:
moomba said:
Might be clutching at straws a bit, but I think the story is bollocks. Just more Hughes PR designed to make it as hard as possible for the owners to sack him.

Remember a few months ago Hughes told everyone about his contract renegotiation, then a few months later he was hear practically begging for a new contract. I'm guessing the talks he talked about earlier either didn't happen or they were initiated by Hughes or his camp.

All the talk on his future has been made by Hughes and one thing I'll give him credit for is being very savvy with the press.

Think you are clutching at straws moomba. He was asked a direct question during his post match interview and he answered it. He didn't come out and make a statement. If he has had a meeting with the chairman and he reassured him that his job was safe then surely we have to take it as read he is staying. We all read and hear stuff and if we like it we take it as gospel and if we don't we think it is bollocks. But when we have direct quotes like this......

Thing is moonie he has been doing a lot of bleating to the press recently has'nt he! Why do you think he would do that if he was so cock sure his job was safe?

blueinsa said:
moonies lovechild said:
moomba said:
Might be clutching at straws a bit, but I think the story is bollocks. Just more Hughes PR designed to make it as hard as possible for the owners to sack him.

Remember a few months ago Hughes told everyone about his contract renegotiation, then a few months later he was hear practically begging for a new contract. I'm guessing the talks he talked about earlier either didn't happen or they were initiated by Hughes or his camp.

All the talk on his future has been made by Hughes and one thing I'll give him credit for is being very savvy with the press.

Think you are clutching at straws moomba. He was asked a direct question during his post match interview and he answered it. He didn't come out and make a statement. If he has had a meeting with the chairman and he reassured him that his job was safe then surely we have to take it as read he is staying. We all read and hear stuff and if we like it we take it as gospel and if we don't we think it is bollocks. But when we have direct quotes like this......

Thing is moonie he has been doing a lot of bleating to the press recently has'nt he! Why do you think he would do that if he was so cock sure his job was safe?

Maybe just maybe he is trying to get ADUG to back him or sack him? They back him he's laughing (and asks for a pay rise), they sack him he gets a huge payout and walks into the Sunderland job.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
blueinsa said:
moonies lovechild said:
moomba said:

Maybe just maybe he is trying to get ADUG to back him or sack him? They back him he's laughing (and asks for a pay rise), they sack him he gets a huge payout and walks into the Sunderland job.

Nail and head spring to mind URG

Before our two goals at Ewood Park when people started chanting 'Hughes Out!' I was prepared to stick up for him and could have got a crack for it the way things were going. However, I wanted to see how he dealed with the January transfer window and when that was out of the way I wanted to see how he coped with 'his' players. Well, I've given him a chance and with one game left I want him out, quite simply because I have not seen enough to justify another season in charge. Granted, their have been positives, the form of Ireland and Ned, most of his signings, but the problem is, no matter what he does my thoughts always go back to the Liverpool home game...

Now everyone is allowed a mistake but the 'tactical' decisions after Zab's sending off were just incompetent. To put Gelson at right back simply beggared belief with the other options available and I think it showed that he's actually, and it pains me to say it, rather clueless. Furthermore, he has NEVER influenced a game and changed it round with his substitutions. Fuck me, even Shearer managed to do that the other night when he brought Martins on!

As many people have said, why stick with a manager just for the sake of 'stability'? Stability doesn't win you trophies, quality players boughts by a quality manager incorporated within an effective system wins you trophies.

With regard to Hughes's comments, can I turn them on their head and suggest it is the act of a desperate man trying to make it as difficult as possible for him to be sacked without making our owners look like people who go back on their word?

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
The strange thing is...if Hughes is so fecking amazing and backed by the board why haven't City or ADUG come out to the media etc and said Hughes is the manager next season now get over it and stop spreading malicious rumours?

He may well have the Chairman's and Chief Exec's backing but does he have the owners?

I've been fairly indifferent about whether he should stay or go but as today was the last match I can attend this season, it's time for a verdict and it has to be that what he has done this season is simply not good enough and I want to see someone better in the job. So I hope the owner agrees with me.

Mr Hughes your game is up, too many people can see the game your trying to play. Kindly shut the door on your fuckin way out will you!

blueinsa said:
Mr Hughes your game is up, too many people can see the game your trying to play. Kindly shut the door on your fuckin way out will you!
Agreed. Can we have a real manager now please your Highness?

moonies lovechild said:
moomba said:

Spot on MLC. He'll have been in the press conference after the game and the question will have gone along the lines of " You're out of Europe now, there's been a load of speculation about your future, are you happy that your job is safe?" WTF is the fella supposed to do? "Errr I had a meeting with khaldoon last night and we talked about the weather?" If Khaldoon told him his job was safe, which he obviously has , then that is exactly the reply he's going to give to that question, is it not?

I for one I'm pleased about it. But as a Hughes inner, I'm feeling that i may well be chased off this site . I'm starting to get seriously depressed by the negativity.

I think so many people have unrealistic expectations. most of the detracters were all tickety boo after the Everton game. Fast forward one week to defeat by the rags and the knives are all out again. The swampdwellers, as much as it pains me to say it, are one of the two best teams in the world at the moment. FACT. They have today, equalled the record for most titles won by an English team. FACT. They beat us that day because they are better than us. FACT. I f*cking hate those facts, but there is no getting away from it.

If we had beaten them, Hughes outers wouldn't be posting this vitriol now. We didn't beat them for the above reasons, not because Mark Hughes threw the game in deference to his old mentor FFS.

I am chuffed that FOR ONCE, we'll have a pre season without some major upheaval. Give him to Christmas at least to see some progress and then sack him off if necessary. I just don't see what all the rush is.

I wish we could just get behind THE CLUB IN ITS ENTIRETY and look forward to some new signings in the summer.

Brucie Bonus said:
blueinsa said:
Agreed. Can we have a real manager now please your Highness?

Ffs Brucie ive never been called that before, i will see what i can do lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.