Hughes is Safe! Official!

Looking at this forum as a whole its clear city fans are very split over whether Hughes stays or goes, no idea about percentages, but there is a very significant percentage of fans who want Hughes out. That in itself cannot be healthy for the sake of the club as a whole
Do I think Hughes has the ability as a manager to turn things round so that most of the fans who want rid change their opinon - No.
Based on results only, it is hard to see how the owners can be 100% behind Hughes. We have lost more games in the prem than won P37, W14 D5 L18 does not make happy reading at all, we should have done much better than this - a UEFA spot should have been achieved this year
At best I think Hughes has til Christmas to dramatically improve the teams performances particularly away from home, IMHO I just dont see it happening

berkowizard said:
Build on Sven's finish? Give me a break. The second half of the season was an abomination.
We got ONE round further on in the FA Cup last season, whoopy do, going out to Sheffield F*cking United and a couple of rounds further in a cup I don't give a toss about, against a Spurs team that just like Hughes today, the almighty Sven couldn't beat either.

Yes BUILD on sven's finish. Hughes has been a complete and utter failure. He has spent more money than anyone and he has done fuck all. I would hazard at a guess that any other manager in the prem this season would have done a better job for us than this idiot! The results are there for all to see. Correct me if im wrong but i believe that in 56 matches for city he has managed to preside over 24 loses. That is fucking appalling. So come on give me a reason why he should stay apart from your stability one???

andypandy said:
Looking at this forum as a whole its clear city fans are very split over whether Hughes stays or goes, no idea about percentages, but there is a very significant percentage of fans who want Hughes out. That in itself cannot be healthy for the sake of the club as a whole
Do I think Hughes has the ability as a manager to turn things round so that most of the fans who want rid change their opinon - No.
Based on results only, it is hard to see how the owners can be 100% behind Hughes. We have lost more games in the prem than won P37, W14 D5 L18 does not make happy reading at all, we should have done much better than this - a UEFA spot should have been achieved this year
At best I think Hughes has til Christmas to dramatically improve the teams performances particularly away from home, IMHO I just dont see it happening
I think this forum probably isn't a fair representation of what the general feeling of City fans is. People who are unhappy are usually more likley to voice their opinion.

berkowizard said:
Build on Sven's finish? Give me a break. The second half of the season was an abomination.
We got ONE round further on in the FA Cup last season, whoopy do, going out to Sheffield F*cking United and a couple of rounds further in a cup I don't give a toss about, against a Spurs team that just like Hughes today, the almighty Sven couldn't beat either.

Yes, Sven's finish, ie take the team who were playing so well in the first half of the season, make some additions and add some consistency to finish higher, may be even knocking on the door of the top 6.

I also never said that we had a fantastic FA Cup run last season either. I just thought we might get a decent one this season.

I would accept us winning the Carling Cup. Surprised at your reaction as it an opportunity for a piece of silverware, something we've not had for a very long time, you may or may not have noticed.

So again, I do not feel they were unrealstic expectations and they are ones I feel Hughes has not managed to deliver. That said, I don't set Hughes' targets, I'm just an ordinary fan explaining what would have constitued a decent season to me, this season.

You might want to consider your response in future rather than typing so hastily?

STABILITY!

WOOHOO!! GO ON HUGHESY!! MAKE US STABLE!!

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES! COME ON!

city diehard said:
C_T_I_D said:
STABILITY!

WOOHOO!! GO ON HUGHESY!! MAKE US STABLE!!

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES! COME ON!

YOU CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Why because you cant give valid and reasoned arguments as to why we should stick with Hughes?

Lol, if you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic (see other posts on this thread for details)

Apart from Stability and Continuity there's been no response as to why we should keep him so if you have any, bring them on.

blueinsa said:
berkowizard said:

Yes BUILD on sven's finish. Hughes has been a complete and utter failure. He has spent more money than anyone and he has done fuck all. I would hazard at a guess that any other manager in the prem this season would have done a better job for us than this idiot! The results are there for all to see. Correct me if im wrong but i believe that in 56 matches for city he has managed to preside over 24 loses. That is fucking appalling. So come on give me a reason why he should stay apart from your stability one???

23 wins to Sven's 19? You could look at it either way.
The fact that the players HE has signed have added steel and a lot more professionalism, rather than the nancy boys prancing around either sulking, doing a runner, nobbing birds in nightclubs, breaking curfews.
The fact that Stevie Ireland loves him. SWP loves him, ditto all the players that I'm proud to have pulling on a city shirt.
The fact that no one (including Sven for that matter) should be judged after only one season in charge
The fact that the owners and Garry Cook ( i.e unlike us, people who do actually see what is going on behind the scenes) clearly have faith in him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.