Hughes is Safe! Official!

good i don't see point sacking another decent manager he has made class signings and hopefully next season will be better especially on the road.

moomba said:
Project Rain said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA I can't believe the amount of idiotic comments I've seen.

This is fantastic news, the man has my backing and as long as he in charge that won't change, I suggest some of you whinging ***** do the same or fuck off to the swamp where your arrogance will be more welcomed.

Why is it that a large percentage of the people defending Hughes can't do so without mentioning the rags?

Its because they simply have no argument for keeping him! Why they still want him here is completely beyond me. Years of winning fuck all and if these people have their way it will be years before we ever do again.

I will repeat we are now in a position that we dont have to put up with shit people doing shit jobs anymore! It aint fookin rocket science

I gave you some points a few posts back on why imho we should keep him. I just don't see what the rush is.

PBLZ129 said:
As i recall all the rags were calling for baconface's sacking in his first season - they didnt though did they?

No.

Call for his sacking in his first season that is. In his first season baconface finished runners up in the league.

Which is one of the reasons why he didn't get the push later. That and the fact he had a proven track record. And he didn't whinge like a f**king girl that he was in a transistion season either.

But then unlike Hughes he does know what success looks like.

23 wins to Sven's 19? You could look at it either way.
The fact that the players HE has signed have added steel and a lot more professionalism, rather than the nancy boys prancing around either sulking, doing a runner, nobbing birds in nightclubs, breaking curfews.
The fact that Stevie Ireland loves him. SWP loves him, ditto all the players that I'm proud to have pulling on a city shirt.
The fact that no one (including Sven for that matter) should be judged after only one season in charge
The fact that the owners and Garry Cook ( i.e unlike us, people who do actually see what is going on behind the scenes) clearly have faith in him.

berkowizard said:
23 wins to Sven's 19? You could look at it either way.
The fact that the players HE has signed have added steel and a lot more professionalism, rather than the nancy boys prancing around either sulking, doing a runner, nobbing birds in nightclubs, breaking curfews.
The fact that Stevie Ireland loves him. SWP loves him, ditto all the players that I'm proud to have pulling on a city shirt.
The fact that no one (including Sven for that matter) should be judged after only one season in charge
The fact that the owners and Garry Cook ( i.e unlike us, people who do actually see what is going on behind the scenes) clearly have faith in him.

Sven never had the chance to scrape through against Streymour and co.

fair point, but blueinsa's losses tally would have included santander, hamburg loss etc, hence i included the wins

BobKowalski said:
PBLZ129 said:
As i recall all the rags were calling for baconface's sacking in his first season - they didnt though did they?

No.

Call for his sacking in his first season that is. In his first season baconface finished runners up in the league.

Which is one of the reasons why he didn't get the push later. That and the fact he had a proven track record. And he didn't whinge like a f**king girl that he was in a transistion season either.

But then unlike Hughes he does know what success looks like.

Old Baconchops took up the post in 1986 at the rags...

1986-87 season they finished 10th - hardly runners up. (EDIT: actually it was worse 11th)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.emfootball.co.uk/table1986-87.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.emfootball.co.uk/table1986-87.html</a>

So yes they did though didnt they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.